Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can you think of any other ideology that has such political protections as Islam? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anarchism101)
    Yet it has been broadened into Zionism as a political idea.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    When the far right or left start going on about how Jews are all money hoarders who run the world like some kind of cult, you may call that antizionism but it is also antisemetic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingBradly)
    When the far right or left start going on about how Jews are all money hoarders who run the world like some kind of cult, you may call that antizionism but it is also antisemetic.
    Undoubtedly that would be antisemitic (given it has little to do with Israel or Zionism, I'd question whether it could meaningfully be called anti-Zionism though), but that's not really what I'm getting at.

Zionism is a nationalist ideology and Israel is a heavily ethnocentric state, very much defined as existing for Jews as an ethnic group. Now, that in itself isn't unique, there have been many other such states in the modern era, including some which continue to exist today. But while those other states have generally been regarded as racist or veering on racism, for Israel it is regarded as anti-semitic to oppose such ethnocentrism.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frank Underwood)
    Have you ever been to a predominantly Muslim country, and mixed with the locals? It's not the authoritarian terrorist stronghold you think it is.
    I would argue a Muslim majority country is far more accepting, tolerant and peaceful than the likes of the U.K. for example

ReputationRep:
    Feminism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oliver_94)
    I would argue a Muslim majority country is far more accepting, tolerant and peaceful than the likes of the U.K. for example

:lol:

Yeah, like Pakistan...?

:toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slutty Salafi)
    Good lord.

What sort of things could you have been prosecuted for?

Hardly any of course.

However accusing Christians of being gaylords could get you cautioned if you were unlucky.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.