Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm studying A levels and have received offers from both Swansea and Manchester, Liverpool for Aerospace Engineering, I know Swansea have a better ranking in Aerospace Eng and did a lot of research for the aviation industry but Manchester & Liverpool are members of the Russel group and have better uni overall.

Any suggestions on what I should choose for my firm & insurance?
    Overall ranking & subject ranking, Which one is more important?Thanks

The following are my Application details
    - Swansea (MEng Aerospace engineering): conditional AAB include Maths excluding Chinese
    - Manchester (BEng Aerospace engineering): conditional AAB
    - Liverpool (MEng Avionic): conditional BB (excluding Chinese)
    I prefer Manchester as my firm choice because of is good overall ranking.

My Current Result:
    AS Level Grades (achieved/predicted): ABBC (Mathematics, FP Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics)
    A2 Level Grades (achieved/predicted): achieved AA (Mathematics,Chinese)
    predicted A* BBB (Mathematics, FP Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spcs100138)
    I'm studying A levels and have received offers from both Swansea and Manchester, Liverpool for Aerospace Engineering, I know Swansea have a better ranking in Aerospace Eng and did a lot of research for the aviation industry but Manchester & Liverpool are members of the Russel group and have better uni overall.

Any suggestions on what I should choose for my firm & insurance?
    Overall ranking & subject ranking, Which one is more important?Thanks

The following are my Application details
    - Swansea (MEng Aerospace engineering): conditional AAB include Maths excluding Chinese
    - Manchester (BEng Aerospace engineering): conditional AAB
    - Liverpool (MEng Avionic): conditional BB (excluding Chinese)
    I prefer Manchester as my firm choice because of is good overall ranking.

My Current Result:
    AS Level Grades (achieved/predicted): ABBC (Mathematics, FP Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics)
    A2 Level Grades (achieved/predicted): achieved AA (Mathematics,Chinese)
    predicted A* BBB (Mathematics, FP Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics)
    Which one did you choose?

I'm stuck between Liverpool and Swansea for Genetics aaah
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by ImagineCats)
    Which one did you choose?

I'm stuck between Liverpool and Swansea for Genetics aaah
    Liverpooooooool! It's the best!

Spoiler:
    Show

I am biased

ReputationRep:
    Had a friend who did aerospace engineering at Manchester and really enjoyed it. The university is great and they are modernizing and revamping the uni and city so you'll have a refurbished uni (potentially) and city to play around in. Manchester itself is a great city to be in with so much to do (I spent 4 years there for my 1st degree) I'd say its bigger with more things to do in then Swansea. Compared to Liverpool I can't say much as it's probably similar but the UoM is higher ranked then Liverpool so I'd pick UoM over Liverpool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edminzodo)
    Liverpooooooool! It's the best!

Spoiler:
    Show

I am biased

But the accom is so expensive! My grant won't pay 1st year accommodation
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    But the accom is so expensive! My grant won't pay 1st year accommodation
    PM me if you like and not even for any private accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    PM me if you like and not even for any private accommodation?
    I really want to live in halls for first year I'll see how I feel about the city/uni in March, but if I'm torn between the two then I'll probably have to go with Swansea to save that dolla dolla
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I really want to live in halls for first year I'll see how I feel about the city/uni in March, but if I'm torn between the two then I'll probably have to go with Swansea to save that dolla dolla
    Melville Grove is the cheapest, could you not save up a bit if you have a part-time job or get a job if you came to Liverpool? Trust me though, a lot of first years live in private accommodation and some group you by year. Again, PM me if you want to ask any questions

ReputationRep:
    Melville Grove is the cheapest, could you not save up a bit if you have a part-time job or get a job if you came to Liverpool? Trust me though, a lot of first years live in private accommodation and some group you by year. Again, PM me if you want to ask any questions
    Yeah I've got quite a bit saved from my job so it's still an option but I'd rather spend that on living stuff ygm?

Glad to hear you love it so much but hey at least I've got until May to decide

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 1, 2017
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.