Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

This is something a lot of guys could benefit from, especially if they are or have been in a situation like this before;

Here is background information;
    I like a girl; I think she's pretty,smart, has a nice personality and is a good individual. She somehow found out I liked her(we go to the same school, so probably gossip), and decided to message me one night(two or so weeks ago).

We spoke on most evenings for 3+ hours each time; I feel like we bonded and were able to comfortably talk to each other about things we weren't so open about.

I met her yesterday afternoon; we went out for something to eat(nothing major) and just spent some general time together. At the end of the day I decided that I'd walk her home to make sure she got home safely; when we got to her door we stopped and kissed(no details for you creeps). It felt like our friendship was slowly transforming into something else. Earlier on in the day I discussed meeting up again on the coming Wednesday.
    Here is the important information;

But she messaged me this morning, saying 'I'm sorry for kissing you last night, it was heat of the moment and I want you to know that I'm not in that place yet. You might be, and I will be soon, but not right now. I hope we can be friends and you never know, I might like you as time goes on, but for now can we just be friends?'

This messed up my mind for a few minutes, after recovering from what was quite a surprise I replied to her 'sure I understand' (I didn't, but I couldn't be bothered to say something else). I explained to her how I feel and made my intentions(wanting to get somewhere) clear to her.

Here is what she then said; " I still like you, I'm just not 100% and I hate feeling that way. I feel like everything been rushed and it's all happening soo quickly and I still have everything else to worry about as well as this - I don't know - I'm just really complicated I guess"

Now most of the time guys treat this as hope to cling onto and that they muster something out of the girl in the future; well that's where you're wrong, there is no point in dragging yourself along for someone who isn't interested enough.

Here is what I said, and what you guys should take on board;

'Oh okay, you do what you want (her name), obviously I like you ,but I won't be here forever'

I then ended the text conversation and went about my day.

Any questions? Feel free to ask here or in PM

(Original post by Mayhem™)

Now most of the time guys treat this as hope to cling onto and that they muster something out of the girl in the future;
    I don't think thats true at all.

But its not bad advice unless your really into her, or there are complex reasons behind why she doesn't want to move quickly. It basically boils down to be confident, don't be desperate.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2016
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.