Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey

I've lived in Durham all of my life up until moving out to Uni. I still come home quite a lot and I was wondering if any current students could give me advice on the best nights out in the town centre are? Like what days, where's cheap while still having good music and atmosphere.

If there's a specific venue that plays Feed Em To The Lions, that's a big bonus too.

It's just the past two nights I've been to Durham on Friday and Saturdays and in Slug n Lettuce it's like £4 for a jagerbomb and it just seems extortionate compared to the nights out in Middlesbrough.

Cheers lads n lasses.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No students really go to slug n lettuce, and you can get £1 jagerbombs at Loft on a Monday night or Studio on a Saturday night. Otherwise, you can get 3 for £5 at Fabio's and Jimmy Allen's on any night.
    Other cheap drinks are the Johnny Woodgate at Jimmy Allens which is 2 shots of vodka with a WKD mixer for £4 or a quaddie for £4 from klute which is 4 shots of 22% vodka with a cranberry and orange juice mixer
    You could request feed em to the lions at any club and I'm sure they'll play it for you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.