Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what does islam say about breakups or heartbreak? Watch

ReputationRep:
    any advice or just general info????

ReputationRep:
    that everything is 'written' and god has a plan for you so better things are coming and it was just not meant to be

ReputationRep:
    Read the quran or look on the muslim blogs about it.

ReputationRep:
    Well if you're heartbroke you've sinned seeing you shouldn't be in that situation to begin with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanB1991)
    Well if you're heartbroke you've sinned seeing you shouldn't be in that situation to begin with.
    Not really. Its not haram to like someone, its what you do with it which can be haram. If you like someone, its expected you do it the proper way and get a nikkah etc.

ReputationRep:
    Relationships don't exist in Islam.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks this was very helpful

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean

ReputationRep:
    Relationships are ok in islam its what you do that makes it wrong.... heartbreak is the cause of loosing someone nothing to do with the actions involving the relationship

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemstone100)
    Relationships are ok in islam its what you do that makes it wrong.... heartbreak is the cause of loosing someone nothing to do with the actions involving the relationship
    Do you mean marriage or relationships before marriage?

ReputationRep:
    Relationship before marriage

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemstone100)
    Relationship before marriage
    They're not permissible.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    They're not permissible.
    Then how do you get married if you're not already in a relationship? Arranged marriage?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Then how do you get married if you're not already in a relationship? Arranged marriage?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You go on a date, go out eating, get to know eachother... favourite things, likes, dislikes etc. If you're compatible then it works and you get married, if not then you part ways.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You definitely don't do what the user above me said ^

Either arranged marriage or you tell your parents or next of kin who you like so they can take it from there.

ReputationRep:
    You definitely don't do what the user above me said ^

Either arranged marriage or you tell your parents or next of kin who you like so they can take it from there.
    So you're telling me you don't even see the person before you marry them, that's rediculous, and yes, I was brought up in a strict Islamic home. When I say date, your parent's know about the two of you going out, they give you the permission, then you come home and confirm your decision on whether to marry them or not/ whether they are suitable. To have someone else like your make that decision for you is beyond rediculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Habibananna)
    So you're telling me you don't even see the person before you marry them, that's rediculous, and yes, I was brought up in a strict Islamic home. When I say date, your parent's know about the two of you going out, they give you the permission, then you come home and confirm your decision on whetehr to marry them or not/ whetehr they are suitable. To have someone else like your make that decision for you is beyond rediculous.
    Lol where did I say you don't see the person beforehand?

Yeah your parents might give you permission but Allah doesn't. A non mahram man and woman can't be alone together, shaytaan will be the third person present, and that's coming from a hadith.
    You can go out with the guy with a mahram present.

ReputationRep:
    Lol where did I say you don't see the person beforehand?

Yeah your parents might give you permission but Allah doesn't. A non mahram man and woman can't be alone together, shaytaan will be the third person present, and that's coming from a hadith.
    You can go out with the guy with a mahram present.
    Yes, I understand the hadiith that no two people are ever alone, it just seems sad that you have to go with a mahram, there are certain questions that only potential future spouses should hear and particularly not in the presence of the girls family member(s).
    I don't know I'm only 17..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Habibananna)
    Yes, I understand the hadiith that no two people are ever alone, it just seems sad that you have to go with a mahrem, there are certain questions that only potential future spouses should hear and particularly not in the presence of the girls family member(s).
    It's not sad, it's a reminder that you're not married yet and so you're still non mahram for each other.

ReputationRep:
    It's not sad, it's a reminder that you're not married yet and so you're still non mahram for each other.
    Why?

Why not make your own choices?

Arranged marriage of this kind belongs in the dark ages.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.