Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Got offers from university of Leeds Manchester met York St. John and Sheffield Hallam to study biomedical science but still unsure on which one to go to does anyone have any information on what the general student life is like in each city and what is it like living In these cities
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by James-93)
    Got offers from university of Leeds Manchester met York St. John and Sheffield Hallam to study biomedical science but still unsure on which one to go to does anyone have any information on what the general student life is like in each city and what is it like living In these cities
    Hi James-93

Congratulations on your offers! We thought we'd just chip in and share our thoughts on Sheffield as a student city - Laura and I both studied at Hallam and continued to live here after graduating because we think Sheffield is so great

Depending on what you're after, Sheffield has something for everyone. With two universities in the city, we're a great student city with many high street and independent shops, a vast variety of eateries, fantastic night life and great transport links to the rest of the country. Sheffield is one of the biggest cities in the UK, but everything you need is within walking distance - so very few transport costs! If you're a bit of an outdoors type, the Peak District is only 20 minutes away, so you can experience the best of the city and the country.

One of our favourite things about Sheffield is that there are so many festivals to get involved in all year round, which gives the city a unique buzz. From Tramlines, our inner city music festival, to Doc/Fest, one of the top 3 documentary festivals in the world, there's so much to shout about! Our Sheffield web pages can tell you all the reasons students think we're a great student city.

Hope that's helpful

Hannah and Laura
    (Official TSR reps)

ReputationRep:
    Few people will have been at more than one university so you might struggle to get much info. Have you got more specific questions? It might be worth trying to visit the universities for open days before you decide as you can then see the city, location of the uni etc for yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doodle_333)
    Few people will have been at more than one university so you might struggle to get much info. Have you got more specific questions? It might be worth trying to visit the universities for open days before you decide as you can then see the city, location of the uni etc for yourself.
    Hi

thank you for the tip i have posted the same question on each of the uni's forums, just waiting on replies.It's such a hard choice

Thank you
    James

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James-93)
    Hi

thank you for the tip i have posted the same question on each of the uni's forums, just waiting on replies.It's such a hard choice

Thank you
    James
    also worth bearing in mind that university is mostly what you make it, and you won't see more than one city so you're not going to be sat there thinking 'oh I wish I went to Manchester instead of Sheffield'

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.