llanber
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi
Im looking to study history i was wondering where is best accommodation in relation to the location of lectures, nightlife etc?
unsurewhattodo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
if you're doing history your best bet for accommodation close to the history building would be cavendish, willoughby, ancaster, nightingale, florence boot if you wanted catered or broadgate park if you wanted self catered

halls like cripps, hugh stewart, lenton and wortley are going to be furthest away.
Also in any halls you are fairly close to one of the many bus routes to the city center for nights out so I wouldn't worry about that
ElspethC
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by llanber)
Hi
Im looking to study history i was wondering where is best accommodation in relation to the location of lectures, nightlife etc?
You can't choose which hall you get, only which site. University Park is the catered accomodation on the same site as the history department, and the closest self-catered site is Broadgate. If you go for University Park accomodation, you won't be more than a 15 minute walk from the history department no matter which hall you're assigned to.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (120)
14.35%
I'm not sure (36)
4.31%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (252)
30.14%
I have already dropped out (21)
2.51%
I'm not a current university student (407)
48.68%

Watched Threads