Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Currently living in Saudi Arabia AMA Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    x
    Damn, I didn't know you moved to Saudi :laugh:

The last time I went there was for Umrah as a kid and it was horrible, too hot for my liking.

My question would be.... do the majority of the women you see walking outside
    anywhere always with a mahram or something? :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    ok find me hadith also its because Islam is protecting women.
    Protecting them by allowing men to beat them as Quran 4:34 allows right? Hahaha. Sure.

Hadith - Sahih Bukari, Vol 7 number 715

"Narrated 'Ikrima:
    Rifa'a divorced his wife whereupon 'AbdurRahman bin Az-Zubair Al-Qurazi married her. 'Aisha said that the lady (came), wearing a green veil (and complained to her (Aisha) of her husband and showed her a green spot on her skin caused by beating). It was the habit of ladies to support each other, so when Allah's Apostle came, 'Aisha said, "I have not seen any woman suffering AS MUCH AS THE BELIEVING WOMEN. Look! Her skin IS GREENER THAN HER CLOTHES!." When 'AbdurRahman heard that his wife had gone to the Prophet, he came with his two sons from another wife. She said, "By Allah! I have done no wrong to him but he is impotent and is as useless to me as this," holding and showing the fringe of her garment, 'Abdur-Rahman said, "By Allah, O Allah's Apostle! She has told a lie! I am very strong and can satisfy her but she is disobedient and wants to go back to Rifa'a." Allah's Apostle said, to her, "If that is your intention, then know that it is unlawful for you to remarry Rifa'a unless 'Abdur-Rahman has had sexual intercourse with you." Then the Prophet saw two boys with 'Abdur-Rahman and asked (him), "Are these your sons?" On that 'AbdurRahman said, "Yes." The Prophet said, "You claim what you claim (i.e. that he is impotent)? But by Allah, these boys resemble him as a crow resembles a crow,"

Tough luck darling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
    Damn, I didn't know you moved to Saudi :laugh:

The last time I went there was for Umrah as a kid and it was horrible, too hot for my liking.

My question would be.... do the majority of the women you see walking outside
    anywhere always with a mahram or something? :erm:
    yeah i moved at the end of november, im back in the UK a summer though! it is really hot here, it ws 37 degrees yesterday and in the night its SO hot it ruins my sleep. no body really walks around here. the arabs are really lazy so were the only poeple here walking the the malls and stuff while they're in their cars but you do see women walking around on their own or with their kids.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    women can go out alone and stuff, they can get a taxi on their own but they just cant drive.

no as it doesnt affect me, lol why do i need to drive
    Why? I cannot understand why a woman cannot drive?

ReputationRep:
    Have u tried Al-Baik restaurant?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lilly1234567890)
    Have u tried Al-Baik restaurant?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yes! i love the food there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cato the Elder)
    Have fun being beaten and oppressed.
    'the elder' and his entrenched mindset, how cliché.

ReputationRep:
    I have been living in Qatar for about 7 years now. I go to Saudi for Umrah annually because my parents are very religious.
    How do you travel around, does your dad drive whenever you have to go somewhere?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.