The Student Room Group

Currently living in Saudi Arabia AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by I am Halal
i heard they treat all non saudi ppl bad

If your born in the UK and your educated they respect u more than those who are born in Pakistan who cant speak English and are not educated.
Reply 121
Original post by muzi786
How do Saudis treat Pakistanis n Indians

i heard Pakistanis get treated bad in Saudi

they dont treat them bad but they just think they are better than them and superior

Original post by geniequeen48
Thanks @mkap for making this thread, my perception of saudi arabia has changed completely :O I stopped following the media anyway.

no problem! im glad i could help :smile:

Original post by Cato the Elder
Have fun being beaten and oppressed.

why would either of this happen to me? :redface:
Original post by iqra2159
I am going to Saudi after 2 days. I was so excited
but after watching the execution video, am having second thoughts
I mean how can they do that to someone it's just cruel
I HATE SAUDIARABIA

Unless you're planning on raping someone you needn't worry about the execution video
Original post by muzi786
If your born in the UK and your educated they respect u more than those who are born in Pakistan who cant speak English and are not educated.

What if you are a Shia or Ahamdi Pakistani born and raised in the UK ?
I doubt they respect you.
Is Arabic that hard then. I heard most westerners struggle with their writing. I have also heard it is extremely easy for Pakistanis to learn Arabic

pakistanis use similar alphabet so it can be transferable (think all west european languages being different but all have the same basic alphabet)
Original post by mkap
AMA Its really hot here it was 37 degrees today. Im staying in Jeddah.

Here are some answers to questions al probs get asked:

How long have i been here?
Since November 26th.

When will i be back?
Coming back to the UK at the end of June.

Why did i move here?
My dad got a teaching job here and brought us as he thought it would be a good experience.

Do i agree with the Islamic and political views here?
I don't really have a clue about the political stuff goes on here. As for the Islamic laws the sharia law is only really practised in Makkah, Madinah and Riyadh. other places arnt really strict and are more conservative. i.e women don't have to cover their hair and music is still played and stuff.

Original post by asif007
Why did your dad choose Saudi over other more liberal Arab states like Qatar and the UAE? Just curious.

Where did you live in the UK before you went to Saudi? Do you know any other families who have also gone out there?

My mum works in Dubai and I'll be visiting for 2 weeks in May (YAY!). I assume you must have been to the UAE too as you live so close - how do you think your experience of living in a more relaxed city in Saudi compares to somewhere like Dubai for example?

Are you still allowed to watch Bollywood movies in Saudi? At home or in the cinema? I know they're popular in all the other Arab countries but Saudi seems like a different ballgame.

Do you get weird looks from people if you go out in public without a hijab/niqaab? Are women generally safe in Saudi?

Also, how are you using the internet from Saudi? :redface:

Spoiler

Y u no answer my questions? This is an AMA isn't it? :tongue:
Reply 126
Original post by asif007
Y u no answer my questions? This is an AMA isn't it? :tongue:

oh im so sorry i didnt see your post :colondollar:

he chose saudi to be closer to Makkah aslo the job role he was offered here was a good one.

I lived in rochdale, no i dont have family here, half my family are hindu so they wouldnt come here and the rest are living in the UK

id say jeddah is more islamic than dubai as dubai is mainly for tourists.

there are cinemas here though av never been to one or seen one. they have a bollywood channel here sometimes i watch a movie off their,

i wear a hijab still but not a niqab. no one bats an eyelid tbh
I've always wanted to go to Saudi

It's a shame I'm banned! :erm:
Original post by Christ Redeems
There are no Jews living in Saudi Arabia (as citizens, at least).

They recently changed the law a year or two ago

Jews are allowed in, so long as they are not members of the global Zionasty conspiracy i.e. Israeli citizens
Original post by mkap
oh im so sorry i didnt see your post :colondollar:

he chose saudi to be closer to Makkah aslo the job role he was offered here was a good one.

I lived in rochdale, no i dont have family here, half my family are hindu so they wouldnt come here and the rest are living in the UK

id say jeddah is more islamic than dubai as dubai is mainly for tourists.

there are cinemas here though av never been to one or seen one. they have a bollywood channel here sometimes i watch a movie off their,

i wear a hijab still but not a niqab. no one bats an eyelid tbh

Haha no worries. Thanks for your answers. :smile:

Do you enjoy the heat? I love it and when I'm in the UAE I insist on going out during the day, every day. My mum is the same but most people we know don't feel the same way about the heat, haha.

What are you studying with Open University?

Are your family planning to come back to the UK or stay in Saudi long-term? Your dad is a teacher so I'm sure he could travel to whichever country he wants!

Have you made friends in Saudi? Do you go to things with people, play sports, eat out etc?

Last but not least - do you miss the UK? If so, what do you miss most?
@mkap

Is it expensive out there?
Great thread mkap! You've answered all the questions maturely even the troll ones :h:

Do you like the Arabian music? My friend is always playing it in class and I love it :ahee:
Original post by Slutty Salafi
@mkap

Is it expensive out there?

Slu*s get paid a lot so why are you worried

Still richer than your pathetic, useless beta male of a father
What if you are a Shia or Ahamdi Pakistani born and raised in the UK ?
I doubt they respect you.

ahah then definitely they wont like u if ur ahamadi .Dnt knw about shias . Theres many shias who live in Saudi.
(edited 8 years ago)
They recently changed the law a year or two ago

Jews are allowed in, so long as they are not members of the global Zionasty conspiracy i.e. Israeli citizens

yeah i read that ToI article :wink:

but i think there are still no Jewish citizens (hence the 'as citizens') :dontknow:
Original post by Christ Redeems
yeah i read that ToI article :wink:

but i think there are still no Jewish citizens (hence the 'as citizens':wink: :dontknow:

One day that will change, Inshallah

Guess you'll be alright then, eh?

@mkap Sleep well m8.
What is your ethnicity?
One day that will change, Inshallah

:five:

Quick Reply

Latest