Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, so I've had two unconditional offers from both De Montfort and Staffordshire for Game Art Design - and I'm having a difficult time choosing between them. I went to Stafford campus a week before for the interview - and wasn't keen on it. However, with them selling their Stafford site and moving to Stoke with new facilities (they haven't finished construction yet) so it's really difficult for me to decide when I haven't really seen Stoke's facilities compared to DMU's. I can't see Stoke's in person yet because it's obviously not complete, although there are open days which I might attend even though the game facilities aren't finished yet. I think it's September it opens.

The interview I went to DMU for offered quite a good range of facilities, I haven't been to an open day so it was the first time I visited DMU. I feel like I'm in a very awkward situation right now, I was thinking of taking a year off after I've completed my current college course in Game Design. The year off could help the decision with Staffordshire (Stoke) as they would have finished construction by then. However, I'm still torn about it. If I say no to both unconditional offers and take a year off, it would feel like a waste.

I wish I didn't jump into applying for uni, because right now - I don't know if I'm ready or not. Any advice would be appreciated. I'm 21 if that helps.

ReputationRep:
    You could ask if you could defer your offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helloworld_95)
    You could ask if you could defer your offer?
    Thanks for replying, this is my first time applying through university - can I ask both DMU and Staffordshire if I could defer or is it just for one choice?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by r_davies94)
    Thanks for replying, this is my first time applying through university - can I ask both DMU and Staffordshire if I could defer or is it just for one choice?
    Ask both

ReputationRep:
    If you have any questions about Stafford head to this Facebook Group, it worked for me hopefully it woks for you!facebook.com/groups/1104840509548447/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.