Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I've been keeping an eye out for scholarships for which I can apply to.

One of them, called the Sleeklens Academic Scholarship Program, had a $2000 scholarship with an application deadline of 31st March 2016.

As a result, I spent an entire say writing a 2000+ word essay about a week before the deadline. I then went to send it, however I kept recieving an email, as I kept trying to send them my application, saying the process of sending that email had been aborted. I then read that often the course of recieving this email is due to the email being incorrect. As a result, I assumed they had provided the wrong email address. I used their 'contact us', which promises a reply within 24 hours, to ask what the actual email for the program is. It's been about 23.5 hours since I sent that, so I'll let you know if I do get a reply, but I haven't yet.

Anyway, that was yesterday.

I go on their scholarship page today to find they've now updated it with the '31st March 2016' deadline crossed out and saying next to it 'application for this scholarship is now closed'.

I just don't think they should be allowed to just close the deadline randomly, so close to the deadline, right as I'm about to send in my application but aren't able to, presumably due to their misinformation, with no explanation. They could have said it literally two days before and I wouldn't have wasted a day writing the 2000+ word essay.

Screenshots:

And here's the actual scholarship page:

https://sleeklens.com/the-sleeklens-...c-scholarship/

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty certain it's been 24 hours and no reply, so another thing they didn't keep their word to.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry but expecting them to reply this weekend of all weekends was a push anyway. You'll probably find it's within 24 hours on a business day. There won't be anyone in the office until Tuesday!

As for why they moved the deadline forward I guess they're allowed to if they've had some amazing applications and know that they're gonna get the scholarships no matter what.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by similarBlank)
    I'm pretty certain it's been 24 hours and no reply, so another thing they didn't keep their word to.
    It's a privately-run scholarship, so unfortunately, they can do as they please. Life can be unfair like that.

It's closed, and that's that. Move on.

ReputationRep:
    Don't leave things to the last minute.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by similarBlank)
    It's 24 hours during business days. You seldom get replies during weekends and bank holidays.

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.