Turn on thread page Beta

I have: Insomnia, Eczema, Hemorrhoids, Anaemia, Seborrhoeic dermatitis, Acne, Familial hypercholesterolemia and another issue is a bit too personal to share, even with anon on I don't feel comfortable saying.

Anyways, even the doctor has said I am his patient with the most medical issues and concerns he has on an individual.

Oh yeah, I am 18 - AMA.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have: Insomnia, Eczema, Hemorrhoids, Anaemia, Seborrhoeic dermatitis, Acne, Familial hypercholesterolemia and another issue is a bit too personal to share, even with anon on I don't feel comfortable saying.

Anyways, even the doctor has said I am his patient with the most medical issues and concerns he has on an individual.

Oh yeah, I am 18 - AMA.
    Is your eczema caused by an allergy?

(Original post by claireestelle)
    Is your eczema caused by an allergy?
    Nope not really, it just flares up when I am stressed, get hot flashes or eat spicy food (despite actually liking it which sucks as I can't eat it without it flaring up)
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Nope not really, it just flares up when I am stressed, get hot flashes or eat spicy food (despite actually liking it which sucks as I can't eat it without it flaring up)
    That does suck, lots of drinks I loved caused my eczema, why can't things we don't like cause problems instead

ReputationRep:
    Goodness.

I'm sorry.

How does this affect everyday life?

(Original post by claireestelle)
    That does suck, lots of drinks I loved caused my eczema, why can't things we don't like cause problems instead
    Haha exactly! I am lucky that I haven't had any problems with drinks, in fact drinking sometimes help at times as it relaxes me

(Original post by stefano865)
    Goodness.

I'm sorry.

How does this affect everyday life?
    It is quite a burden on my life, I have to spend A LOT on monthly prescriptions now I am 18 and don't get them for free despite still being in education. Insomnia is probably the worst out of the lot as it causes a lot of stress and impacts my learning as I am usually unable to concentrate in class due to the lack of sleep. Anaemia isn't really a problem anymore as I am on medication where as before I used to just not able to stand for a long period of time etc.. muscle fatigueness etc.. my dermatitis is horrible and a big confidence downer, my face peels a lot around my eyebrows and nose, and I get flakey scalp too - which makes me look like I don't wash my hair. Hemmorrhoids are just a huge pain. Acne is just another confidence downer, familial hyper''' just means I take daily tablets and watch what I eat.

All of this led to me being quite depressed - however I am still standing

ReputationRep:
    Haha exactly! I am lucky that I haven't had any problems with drinks, in fact drinking sometimes help at times as it relaxes me

It is quite a burden on my life, I have to spend A LOT on monthly prescriptions now I am 18 and don't get them for free despite still being in education. Insomnia is probably the worst out of the lot as it causes a lot of stress and impacts my learning as I am usually unable to concentrate in class due to the lack of sleep. Anaemia isn't really a problem anymore as I am on medication where as before I used to just not able to stand for a long period of time etc.. muscle fatigueness etc.. my dermatitis is horrible and a big confidence downer, my face peels a lot around my eyebrows and nose, and I get flakey scalp too - which makes me look like I don't wash my hair. Hemmorrhoids are just a huge pain. Acne is just another confidence downer, familial hyper''' just means I take daily tablets and watch what I eat.

All of this led to me being quite depressed - however I am still standing

Guy or girl?

The dermatitis and acne is unfortunate.

Particularly hard for a teenager. Has it affected your social life?

ReputationRep:
    Where are you from? (you do not have to answer that.) I can give you the names of the medications I take, you can consult and ask your doctor if it would cause you any harm. (I'm no expert.) My scalp was just in the earlier stage of psoriasis, it is now completely flake-free and healthier than before. And I am EXTREMELY sorry, I mean it. You certainly do not deserve this.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Study Helper
    I have eczema too and mine flares up if I'm smoking drinking alcohol and seafood. I also find that you gotta really pay close attention to what you wash your clothes with. For instance, Fair non-bio just really kills my skin and makes me itch like mad.

My mum has eczema too and she said spicy food flares hers up, but it doesn't do anything to me. I suggest you take an allergy test down at your local doctors or GP. You can find out what foods you're allergic to that could be a trigger for your eczema.

(Original post by stefano865)
    Guy or girl?

The dermatitis and acne is unfortunate.

Particularly hard for a teenager. Has it affected your social life?
    Male - there have been times when my dermatitis has been really bad so I have cancelled plans as I wasn't comfortable being seen in public looking as bad as I was. I'd say it has had a negative affect on my social life but I try not to let it. Acne just make's me cautious everyone is looking at it in disgust. Thing is most cleansers flare up my dermatitis and so I have to be really careful with cleansing. I have been on tetralysal (or however you spell it) for the past year or 2 but hasn't made much difference. doctors said it's a long term game though

(Original post by maria.x)
    Where are you from? (you do not have to answer that.) I can give you the names of the medications I take, you can consult and ask your doctor if it would cause you any harm. (I'm no expert.) My scalp was just in the earlier stage of psoriasis, it is now completely flake-free and healthier than before. And I am EXTREMELY sorry, I mean it. You certainly do not deserve this.
    I am from the UK (south). Thank you, I would appreciate this! I have hairloss quite badly and the doctor said that it is due to a mixture of the dermatits and stress. So hopefully this could help.

(Original post by The Empire Odyssey)
    I have eczema too and mine flares up if I'm smoking drinking alcohol and seafood. I also find that you gotta really pay close attention to what you wash your clothes with. For instance, Fair non-bio just really kills my skin and makes me itch like mad.

My mum has eczema too and she said spicy food flares hers up, but it doesn't do anything to me. I suggest you take an allergy test down at your local doctors or GP. You can find out what foods you're allergic to that could be a trigger for your eczema.
    Ahh I see sorry to hear! Yeah, I realised harsh soaps cause mine too as well, I now use a soft one that is more of a cleanser mixed with moisturiser which causes no problems. Ohh good idea! I will mention this to my doctor.

ReputationRep:
    Male - there have been times when my dermatitis has been really bad so I have cancelled plans as I wasn't comfortable being seen in public looking as bad as I was. I'd say it has had a negative affect on my social life but I try not to let it. Acne just make's me cautious everyone is looking at it in disgust. Thing is most cleansers flare up my dermatitis and so I have to be really careful with cleansing. I have been on tetralysal (or however you spell it) for the past year or 2 but hasn't made much difference. doctors said it's a long term game though

This stuff is apparently amazing.

http://www.selexir.com/peace-balm-su...is-and-xerosis

ReputationRep:
    I hope it all works out for you mate. Keep being positive and I pray for your health and wellbeing.

ReputationRep:
    I have eczema.

ReputationRep:
    I'm insomniac as well. Feel your pain.

ReputationRep:

I am from the UK (south). Thank you, I would appreciate this! I have hairloss quite badly and the doctor said that it is due to a mixture of the dermatits and stress. So hopefully this could help.

Ahh I see sorry to hear! Yeah, I realised harsh soaps cause mine too as well, I now use a soft one that is more of a cleanser mixed with moisturiser which causes no problems. Ohh good idea! I will mention this to my doctor.

I use skin-cap and dermovate, skin-cap is the shampoo and dermovate is what you use after you take a shower and everytime you wash your hair. You should ask your doctor about them. What helped clear it up is the biological treatments I've been recommended by the doctor. It is kind of difficult to have a needle every week but it is now gone 100% You can talk about that to your doctor if you're accepting the idea of it. He'll ask you to take some tests from the hospital and he'll tell you if your condition is fit enough to take them. Lots of love.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2016
Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.