Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How many hot cross buns have you eaten so far? Watch

ReputationRep:
    the time i saw "hot cross buns" in the title - this song came into my mind straight away

ReputationRep:
    Dozens. Quite literally. Average of 2 a day since Shrove Tuesday so probably close to 80 by now. I win.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I literally cannot stop eating them. I eat like three a day and would eat more if my dad didn't love them too! I like the waitrose luxury ones best... I normally end up with the cheapest Sainsbury's ones but man, the Waitrose ones are so good. I once bought a pack of 12 mini luxury hot cross buns on the way back from a gold DofE expedition and I ate 11 of them in the space of about 2 hours

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mscaffrey)
    Just this Easter period. I think I'm the only person who keeps a lifetime tally of hot cross buns eaten.

:hand:

:king1:

I grew up having all kinds of raisin bread/teacakes toasted, so I'm rebelling against it now by having all my hot cross buns untoasted.

Have you never tried any of the chocolate options? I've seen so many varieties this year, including double chocolate ones at Tesco.

More people are into having them toasted than I thought would be.

I am keeping you in my thoughts.

I'm so jealous. I can't eat any of the ones that contain dairy so I've been looking at all the luxury ones and feeling close to tears.
    But theyre so nice toasted with butter!! Sacrilege!!! :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    None because they are disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    None but I ate this evening a panettone (left over from Xmas) all by myself + 2 pints of full fat milk

ReputationRep:
    I've tried once mocha hot cross buns and didn't like them, threw them away into the bin

ReputationRep:
    Just this Easter period. I think I'm the only person who keeps a lifetime tally of hot cross buns eaten.

:hand:

:king1:

I grew up having all kinds of raisin bread/teacakes toasted, so I'm rebelling against it now by having all my hot cross buns untoasted.

Have you never tried any of the chocolate options? I've seen so many varieties this year, including double chocolate ones at Tesco.

More people are into having them toasted than I thought would be.

I am keeping you in my thoughts.

I'm so jealous. I can't eat any of the ones that contain dairy so I've been looking at all the luxury ones and feeling close to tears.
    hehehe thanks for the award hun. i... i would like to thank everyone who supported me,... the bakers who made these delicious treats..., the checkout lady who helped me with the packing... my manager, :cry2: too emotional... just thanks....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    I've had at least six and it's not even Easter Sunday yet :erm: :getmecoat:

Mostly the normal type BUT my mum bought these St Clement's ones with orange bits instead of raisins in. And they were not just St Clement's hot cross buns... they are M&S St Clement's hot cross buns :yep: :ahee: :sexface:

Sooooo good :coma:
    hey TLG Happy Easter :hugs:

:wavey:

:bear:

ReputationRep:
    One whole person (iEthan) has voiced their support for this thread, so here it is.

How many have you eaten? How do you eat them? Have you stuck to the original fruit ones or have you gone rogue?

**No hot cross bun hate will be tolerated**

This thread has not been created with the intention of triggering people with coeliac disease. This is a safe space for gluten free hot cross buns.
    2 for the year lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    hehehe thanks for the award hun. i... i would like to thank everyone who supported me,... the bakers who made these delicious treats..., the checkout lady who helped me with the packing... my manager, :cry2: too emotional... just thanks....
    A strapping bear like you needs help with packing??
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by the bear)
    hey TLG Happy Easter :hugs:

:wavey:

:bear:
    Happy Easter, my dear bear! :love: :yep: :jebus:

:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    A strapping bear like you needs help with packing??
    they always ask... it seems rude to refuse :dontknow:

ReputationRep:

Was nice.

ReputationRep:
    I had a choc chip one last night. I've never really viewed them as traditional Easter good tbh, I'm just loading up on Easter eggs today

ReputationRep:
    No, I can't. :sad:

Dairy free options have got much better since I started with the problem 8 years ago, though. I have vegan cheese now and although it's not the crumbly type of cheese that I used to love it does make baked potatoes and pizza more interesting. And I got some dairy free Magnum style ice creams last week, which have changed my life for the better. I sometimes have coconut yoghurts (although they're expensive, so they're not a regular thing) and I have rice milk every day. My problem initially was that all dairy free foods seemed to be based on soya, which I also can't eat.
    Ugh I can relate to this on so many levels. It sucks having a milk allergy, feels like I'm missing out on so much. Though luckily for me i don't have any issues with soya

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1secondsofvamps)
    Ugh I can relate to this on so many levels. It sucks having a milk allergy, feels like I'm missing out on so much. Though luckily for me i don't have any issues with soya
    I think the worst thing is going into a shop and seeing the rows and rows of options they have for people who can eat milk and then having to be grateful for the one option they have for you. It's not as bad as there being no option, but still...it would be nice to have some choice.

ReputationRep:
    havent eaten any for ages

goddamn i want one now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    Only once in my life in Year 4 or 5 - I don't like raisins.
    I remove all the raisins

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by milliethemoo)
    I remove all the raisins

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :lol: maybe it is worth getting something else entirely.. maybe a muffin?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.