Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I ask this because, I had one today, and I'm left quite shaken by it. I don't believe all this, but what happened today left me........scared.

I was eating lunch, alone at home, when suddenly my phone rang. I picked it up and saw that it was my maternal grandma calling.

ONLY SHE PASSED AWAY A FEW WEEKS AGO.

I picked it up, and all I heard was the dial tone. I tried calling back 4 times, but, no one picked up.

I thought it was a prank, and I called my mum to tell her about it, when, her phone was busy.

Ironically, my grandma only used to call me when my mum's phone was busy, or switched off.

I know it's stupid, but I'm really spooked now.

Any experiences you've had?

ReputationRep:
    Since my grandad died there are loud bangs from his bedroom whenever we visit. My nan doesn't seem to think anything of it, haha

ReputationRep:
    There's this burnt down and abandoned house in the village my family and I go to in the South of France. A woman hung herself in her room and set fire to the house. My brother and I, as children, went there and discovered the noose was still very much attached to a beam. I clearly recollect it was swinging, however how is a question I can't answer. There was no wind or draught strong enough to make it move.

#2spooky4me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamiehiston)
    Since my grandad died there are loud bangs from his bedroom whenever we visit. My nan doesn't seem to think anything of it, haha
    (Original post by Dodgypirate)
    There's this burnt down and abandoned house in the village my family and I go to in the South of France. A woman hung herself in her room and set fire to the house. My brother and I, as children, went there and discovered the noose was still very much attached to a beam. I clearly recollect it was swinging, however how is a question I can't answer. There was no wind or draught strong enough to make it move.

#2spooky4me
    Gah, I'm going crazy here. Dodgypirate...........that's downright creepy. Very very creepy.

ReputationRep:
    Inb4 "ghost poop"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fandom-queen)
    Gah, I'm going crazy here. Dodgypirate...........that's downright creepy. Very very creepy.
    not only that but my nan had a very similar experience to you where she got a couple of texts from his phone..... no explanation and then they deleted themselves, but they definitely happened, it was witnessed. some were blank, others were generic "I'm on my way" or whatever.

on top of that, my grandad had recorded the answerphone message (you know like, "hi we're not in at the moment leave a message" and she removed it after he died because it was upsetting. a few months later it randomly switched itself back on, no idea how it happened!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamiehiston)
    not only that but my nan had a very similar experience to you where she got a couple of texts from his phone..... no explanation and then they deleted themselves, but they definitely happened, it was witnessed. some were blank, others were generic "I'm on my way" or whatever.

on top of that, my grandad had recorded the answerphone message (you know like, "hi we're not in at the moment leave a message" and she removed it after he died because it was upsetting. a few months later it randomly switched itself back on, no idea how it happened!
    .......this thread was a mistake. Better kiss my night's sleep goodbye. I'm normally not scared by horror movies or anything, I usually eat popcorn and laugh, but.....I feel so haunted now.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I kinda asked for it though.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.