Proportional alleles and Biodiversity? Watch

AndrewKn0x
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Can somebody please explain this to me - there's a small section in my notes about it and I don't really understand it.
Thanks!
Kallisto
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The alleles contains a variety and so possible combinations of genes. The tern biodiversity itself stands for the variety of life on our planet. So I would say that alleles are a reason for biodiversity.

From that point of view alleles are proportional to biodiversity: the higher the variety of alleles, the higher the biodiversity in our ecological systems.
AndrewKn0x
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Kallisto)
The alleles contains a variety and so possible combinations of genes. The tern biodiversity itself stands for the variety of life on our planet. So I would say that alleles are a reason for biodiversity.

From that point of view alleles are proportional to biodiversity: the higher the variety of alleles, the higher the biodiversity in our ecological systems.
So, the more combination of genes the higher the biodiversity within an ecosystem?
Kallisto
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by AndrewKn0x)
So, the more combination of genes the higher the biodiversity within an ecosystem?
The higher the variety is, the more properties are influenced by combination. Combinations are the results of the varieties. If the variety is very high, it is very likely that different individuals of a species have different properties what leads to a high biodiversity.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (13)
5.6%
No (219)
94.4%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed