Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    someone help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PoppieCrean)
    Ok so I'm having a bit of boy trouble recently. For the past 6 months or so I have really really liked this guy. We are both the same age (20) and we live down the same street. I work in a local food shop part time while at university and his mum works in the chemist next door. I get on so well with his mum, she is always looking out for me and bringing me loads of make up and gifts, she even got me a Christmas present. She's always saying how beautiful I am and the other day she gave me a lift home and said "I want you to be my daughter and your mum can have my daughter". In return I bring her loads of break, cakes, rolls etc basically whatever is left over in my shop every week. I started to see her son around months ago as he works as a local tennis instructor, he is just gorgeous and whenever I see him I get that lovely feeling inside. He comes into my shop quite a lot and most times I would avoid serving him just because I used to literally turn to jelly when I would see him. I added him on Facebook a few weeks ago hoping it would get things moving but nothing happened. I assumed that was it but then a couple of weeks ago he came into my shop and asked for me by name. I had put his mums bread aside and so gave it to him and I really felt something special there, I can't explain it. I felt like the happiest girl alive. Yesterday I finally plucked up the courage to message him on Instagram. I was so nervous, I felt like I could have vomited. I just sent him a jokey message about bringing his mum all the cakes. I thought he would reply even if he wasn't interested in something. But sadly this isn't the case he has completely ignored my message. I'm so upset. I don't understand why he has done this as we haven't even spoke properly for him to think we don't get on or anything. The only thing it can be is that he doesn't think I'm pretty enough. I've seen on Facebook and Instagram he is always liking pictures of girls who are so glamourous and I could never look like that. I don't know what to do. Someone help!
    Ask him out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    Ask him out!
    And break up that paragraph!

ReputationRep:
    soooooooooooo loooooooonnnnnnnnngggggggggggggg to read

ReputationRep:
    Sorry everyone for the paragraph being too long, I didn't even realise I was just typing. Basically I really like him!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    Ask him out!

Even though he ignored me?

Aw this is so cute. Ask him out, properly, you never know!

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I think you should forget him and move on. You'll find someone who won't ignore you one day!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Even though he ignored me?
    You might as well, the worst that happens is he says no and then you'll know for sure and be able to start thinking a both someone else

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a plot to a movie.

It has a bad ending.
    • Very Important Poster

Its sweet, but you are thinking too much.

He might not be there
    He might have a gf
    He might be busy
    He might be a poor communicator.
    He might be igbnorant and ignore you becayse he can.
    He might be playing you.
    He might have other issues to deal with

I think boys like a challenge and they get a bit complacent if you are chasing. by all means ask him out, but dont be too eager you come across as needy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Its sweet, but you are thinking too much.

He might not be there
    He might have a gf
    He might be busy
    He might be a poor communicator.
    He might be igbnorant and ignore you becayse he can.
    He might be playing you.
    He might have other issues to deal with

I think boys like a challenge and they get a bit complacent if you are chasing. by all means ask him out, but dont be too eager you come across as needy.
    Yeah that's true, I don't want to come across as too eager to him. I'd like to think he doesn't have a girlfriend considering the amount of girls pictures he is always liking on Instagram. I don't want to give up on him because I don't feel anything has even started and I think we could be good together. I just don't know what to do
    • Very Important Poster

Yeah that's true, I don't want to come across as too eager to him. I'd like to think he doesn't have a girlfriend considering the amount of girls pictures he is always liking on Instagram. I don't want to give up on him because I don't feel anything has even started and I think we could be good together. I just don't know what to do
    Juts be a bit philosophical and dont put all your cakes in one basket. There will be others and he knows where you are. Ask him dont ask him, plenty of time yet. will always get you further.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.