Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm doing my sliver expedition in a couple of days and not sure what to do formy food, by that I mean for lunch, I've got ready to eat meals for breakfast and dinner just need help for lunch doe it need to be meals also, or would the likes of cereal bars and some sweets etc. do the job????
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Daniel_Miko)
    Hi, I'm doing my sliver expedition in a couple of days and not sure what to do formy food, by that I mean for lunch, I've got ready to eat meals for breakfast and dinner just need help for lunch doe it need to be meals also, or would the likes of cereal bars and some sweets etc. do the job????
    Have something high calorie for lunch

ReputationRep:
    For lunch you need something with a high calorie content such as pitta breads with some sort of cheese spread, or you could have instant noodles or pasta etc. You could also bring a packed lunch for your first day as it will save you cooking. As regards to the sweets and cereal bars these will do for during the day as you will need to be constantly snacking throughout the day to keep your energy levels up, but I would eat something different for lunch!

Hope this helped!

ReputationRep:
    You could also look on this site: http://www.kirkleesdofe.org/download...on%20Foods.pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel_Miko)
    i found making your own sandwiches with chocolate spread and peanut butter or whatever is good. Also fuit glaciewr sweets are a good get.
    peanuts are recommended by me but i never really ate them.....
    starbursts are good and scotch panckaes are what i ate on the gold practise. if you really want to treat yourself then get a pack of doritos xD

(Original post by sheeplover)
    For lunch you need something with a high calorie content such as pitta breads with some sort of cheese spread, or you could have instant noodles or pasta etc. You could also bring a packed lunch for your first day as it will save you cooking. As regards to the sweets and cereal bars these will do for during the day as you will need to be constantly snacking throughout the day to keep your energy levels up, but I would eat something different for lunch!

Hope this helped!
    no bad idea honestly i've done all the expedition but my actual gold and pasta isn't a good idea
    http://www.dofeshopping.org/expedition-kit/food-and-expedition-meals<----- this website shows you the official dofe food and lemme tell you it's very good, you can eat it hot or cold doesn't matter, no cleaning up just open up stick ya spoon in and eat it then in the bin, that's the most efficient.

(Original post by sheeplover)
    You could also look on this site: http://www.kirkleesdofe.org/download...on%20Foods.pdf
    ^^ this is such balls, never ever ever ever ever bring super noodles on your expedition, they weigh something but give you nothing in terms of energy and energy content

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.