Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I know this is a bit late to be asking, but i was wondering are the poems the exact same as last year's if we are re-sitting the exam? Or is it from the new anthology of the new specification, someone told me it was.

ReputationRep:
    Hiiii,

I know this is super late to be asking, but are the poems available going to be exactly the same as last years exam, or according to the new specification and anthology?

Thanks so much and good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by revisionnerd)
    Hiiii,

I know this is super late to be asking, but are the poems available going to be exactly the same as last years exam, or according to the new specification and anthology?

Thanks so much and good luck
    It's the same exam as last year with the same specification but obviously different questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by videotapes)
    It's the same exam as last year with the same specification but obviously different questions
    Thanks so much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by borbv)
    Hi guys!

Could anyone tell me what came up on the exam last year for Keats, Tennyson, Gatsby and The Road? I'm trying to come up with predictions, so I can be better prepared! If anyone else has any predictions as well that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi for predictions for Tennyson I'm guessing most likely it'll be Godiva because that poem hasn't come up since 2009 and all the other poems have been repeated at least once... Don't know predictions for the other texts

ReputationRep:
    I will be doing the great Gatsby for section A and was wondering does anyone have any predictions for it, would truly appreciate it !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peacefully_)
    Hi for predictions for Tennyson I'm guessing most likely it'll be Godiva because that poem hasn't come up since 2009 and all the other poems have been repeated at least once... Don't know predictions for the other texts
    Godiva came up in 2012. Our teacher thinks the first part, part 1 and 2 of Lady of Shallot for Tennyson. Any predictions for Browning?

ReputationRep:
    I'm resitting this exam too! Quite a lot of people from my college are aswell!

ReputationRep:
    Predictions for Gatsby or Section B?

ReputationRep:
    Any tips on how to cram-prep Kite Runner and Gatsby for section B?

ReputationRep:
    Heres a really good website:
    http://crossref-it.info/

The Great Gatsby: http://crossref-it.info/textguide/the-great-gatsby/34/0
    Christina Rossetti: http://crossref-it.info/textguide/ch...ted-poems/28/0

Extra notes on The Great Gatsby: https://www.tes.com/resources/search...7C0%7C16%2B%7C

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, for those of you who don't know, the June 2015 paper and mark scheme have been released on the AQA website, check it out and make your own predictions!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    HI,

I'm doing Robert Browning and W H Auden for poetry, and am leaning towards choosing to do either of those in section A.

I've looked at the past paper patterns and for Browning's question such as 'How does Browning tell the story in X'...the only poem of his not used before is The Patriot. For Auden, it could be 'As I Walked Out One Evening' or 'James Honeyman', those have not been mentioned in a while.

I'm struggling a bit with what to specifically go over for The kite Runner and what may appear in section b... let me know if any one has any clues.

GOOD LUCK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by revisionnerd)
    HI,

I'm doing Robert Browning and W H Auden for poetry, and am leaning towards choosing to do either of those in section A.

I've looked at the past paper patterns and for Browning's question such as 'How does Browning tell the story in X'...the only poem of his not used before is The Patriot. For Auden, it could be 'As I Walked Out One Evening' or 'James Honeyman', those have not been mentioned in a while.

I'm struggling a bit with what to specifically go over for The kite Runner and what may appear in section b... let me know if any one has any clues.

GOOD LUCK
    Hi, I hope you're well. All of Brownings poems have been used before atleast once. The Patriot was used in June 2010.

ReputationRep:
    Any one doing Of mice and men and Inspector calls?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redrose*)
    I think that's GCSE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chanda01)
    find key chapters and scenes and and make notes on AO2, AO3 and AO4 around those scenes. for the kite runner, the obvious scenes are the rape of hassan, the fight scene with assef, the kite race, sohrab's attempted suicide and the ending with sohrab. im sure there's other scenes you may want to look at.

ReputationRep:
    Godiva came up in 2012. Our teacher thinks the first part, part 1 and 2 of Lady of Shallot for Tennyson. Any predictions for Browning?
    it did? I didnt even realise.

ReputationRep:
    THEMES!

I assume you mean the longer, all-three-texts answer? I've been going over the main themes of Kite Runner, as well as summery plotlines, because I can't keep the events timeline in my head. But the key themes and events are central to the Kite Runner (not doing Gatsby, sorry!)

Also, generally going over literary techniques - suspense, time setting, general setting, nature - the past papers are really helpful for this - and planning a kite runner specific response to them is really helpful, especially for coming up with new ideas and points to keep, fresh in your mind for the exam.

Good luck on Friday!!!

ReputationRep:
    Yes sorry I am a GCSEs student I will sit my GCSEs lit exam next week need tips on what to do

(Original post by redrose*)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.