The Student Room Group

University choices - fine art

Hi there, I've got a place at 3 universities for fine art - Glasgow school of Art - sculpture and environmental arts , Edinburgh collage of art - fine art , Bath school of art and design - fine art. I would really like to know your option on these three options as I'm unsure what I want to do. From what I can see Glasgow has the reputation and has the frendly Glaswegians but facilities don't seem as good and departments a bit dispersed after the fire. Edinburgh has great facilities and is a Beautiful city but doesn't seem to be as known for contemporary art. Bath spa has a really frendly feel and great end of year show with very poetic work and seems like a more natural transition from my current school. I don't think it is as well known as GSA but does this matter.

It would be great to hear your opinions as I'm still unsure? I'd love to know what the teaching is like and general experience if anyone knows. Are there any negatives to any of them?

Thanks
Original post by Godfishdish
Hi there, I've got a place at 3 universities for fine art - Glasgow school of Art - sculpture and environmental arts , Edinburgh collage of art - fine art , Bath school of art and design - fine art. I would really like to know your option on these three options as I'm unsure what I want to do. From what I can see Glasgow has the reputation and has the frendly Glaswegians but facilities don't seem as good and departments a bit dispersed after the fire. Edinburgh has great facilities and is a Beautiful city but doesn't seem to be as known for contemporary art. Bath spa has a really frendly feel and great end of year show with very poetic work and seems like a more natural transition from my current school. I don't think it is as well known as GSA but does this matter.

It would be great to hear your opinions as I'm still unsure? I'd love to know what the teaching is like and general experience if anyone knows. Are there any negatives to any of them?

Thanks

My son was at Edinburgh and had a wonderful time. Can't speak with any knowledge of the other two, but Edinburgh is a capital city and the festival brings in a great deal of opportunity for artists of all kinds.
Reply 2
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
My son was at Edinburgh and had a wonderful time. Can't speak with any knowledge of the other two, but Edinburgh is a capital city and the festival brings in a great deal of opportunity for artists of all kinds.

Great to know your son enjoyed himself there.

Thank you for replying

Quick Reply

Latest