The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Manchester Uni accommodation - the best halls of residence?

Hey I have put manchester as my first choice and am now looking at accommodation to apply to but I can't decide. I have heard that Fallowfield campus is the most lively student area, but I was just wondering if there are also parties happening in Hulme Hall in Victoria Park (I heard it was a quiet area but how quiet?) - as I like the look of this hall the most and want to know how lively this accommodation is.
Also if not I also like the look of Woolton Hall in Fallowfield, but I was just wondering how many people you would be sharing a bathroom with here?

The other places I am choosing between is Sheavyn House, Richmond Park and Ashburne Hall - I would be really grateful if anyone could tell me anything about any of these halls from their experiences at all thank you!
Original post by ZeldaWilkinson
Hey I have put manchester as my first choice and am now looking at accommodation to apply to but I can't decide. I have heard that Fallowfield campus is the most lively student area, but I was just wondering if there are also parties happening in Hulme Hall in Victoria Park (I heard it was a quiet area but how quiet?) - as I like the look of this hall the most and want to know how lively this accommodation is.
Also if not I also like the look of Woolton Hall in Fallowfield, but I was just wondering how many people you would be sharing a bathroom with here?

The other places I am choosing between is Sheavyn House, Richmond Park and Ashburne Hall - I would be really grateful if anyone could tell me anything about any of these halls from their experiences at all thank you!

Have you read this thread? http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2091577

Yes, there are parties in VP.

IIRC (though it's been years since I last visited) in Woolton you share 3x sinks, 3x showers and 3x loos between 12 people
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Hi, what did you decide on in the end and how did it work out?

Quick Reply