Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I read a lot (although I haven't done much reading recently) and as much as I prefer having the physical book (I love the smell, feeling it and cover designs), I like the idea of having all my books in one place.

So to those of you that have a kindle e-reader: is it very different compared 'normal'
    reading? And what do you think of it in general?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Bad Faith)
    I read a lot (although I haven't done much reading recently) and as much as I prefer having the physical book (I love the smell, feeling it and cover designs), I like the idea of having all my books in one place.

So to those of you that have a kindle e-reader: is it very different compared 'normal'
    reading? And what do you think of it in general?
    I love my kindle. I like the way the screen looks like book pages but it can also be read in the dark and not be too bright! also how you can easily add notes and quickly look up a word in the dictionary. It probably is a personal preference as some people love the feel of a real book.

ReputationRep:
    I love my Kindle. I like that you can change the font size - it feels better on my eyes to have a uniform size in whatever book I read. I've also been able to get lots of books in the 99p deals or cheaper than the physical book would be, which has been good for my reading. I still love books, but there are only so many books you can store without having to start using them as a mattress. If you miss that book smell you can always have a real book at the side of you while you read your Kindle and sniff it every so often.

If anything I find myself more engrossed in the books I read on my Kindle than the ones I read in physical form.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.