The Student Room Group

Ethnicity

Scroll to see replies

I am a mixture of: English, Scottish, Spanish and Sierra Leonean.
White German
Reply 62
Original post by mkap
Indian and a 1/4 Kenyan
Original post by Tamil Tiger
100% Tamilian
Original post by drowzee
100% Indian
Original post by Indeterminate
Indian :u:
Original post by fatima1998
1/5 pakistan 1/5 british :biggrin:i think soo :u:
Original post by Christ Redeems
5/13 so far Indian :lol:that is very specificand the other 3/5?
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
100% Spanish.
Original post by PlayerBB
Arab, half Palestinian and half Jordanian
Original post by fatima1998
oops my math fractions went wrong :biggrin:2.5/5 pakistani2.5/5 british:u:
Original post by chocolatesauce
100% Indian (any malaylis out there :colone:)
Original post by luminarychild
Bengali and Arab :smile:

Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Indian. :tongue:

Original post by BrokenLife
Oh my!:daydreaming::blush:

10000% Pakistani:bhangra:

Original post by Carrot_Cake_13
Hah I get this joke x'D

Fellow Bengali too!

Original post by Princepieman
1/4 Chinese, 1/4 Jamaican, 1/2 Nigerian

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dear God NO.

Most of these countries are human constructs. There is no Jamaican race or ethnicity, nor is there a Kenyan, Bengali, or Pakistani race or ethnicity. Every country in existence is mutli-ethnic, especially some of these vast countries like China and India who are home to over 1 billion people.

Someone with Chinese heritage couldn't even claim to have 100% full Han-Chinese ethnicity in this day and age.

If we for some reason recognise Welsh and Irish people as different ethnicities, how on earth is it possible that vast homogeneous groups still exist in countries with thousands of years of history of invasions and migrations across entire continents? Are we to believe that no Indians today have ancient Macedonian DNA from the time of Alexander the Great's empire in India?
English.
Original post by Section Boyz
What's you ethnicity?

Simples.:top:

I am Moroccan/Indian and Spanish.:tongue:

I'm half Indian and Colombian

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MyNameWasTaken12
I am a mixture of: English, Scottish, Spanish and Sierra Leonean.

That's a really interesting mix.:tongue:
Original post by Roofas
Dear God NO.

Most of these countries are human constructs. There is no Jamaican race or ethnicity, nor is there a Kenyan, Bengali, or Pakistani race or ethnicity. Every country in existence is mutli-ethnic, especially some of these vast countries like China and India who are home to over 1 billion people.

Someone with Chinese heritage couldn't even claim to have 100% full Han-Chinese ethnicity in this day and age.

If we for some reason recognise Welsh and Irish people as different ethnicities, how on earth is it possible that vast homogeneous groups still exist in countries with thousands of years of history of invasions and migrations across entire continents? Are we to believe that no Indians today have ancient Macedonian DNA from the time of Alexander the Great's empire in India?

that's nice
Original post by Roofas
Dear God NO.

No you're right, it's difficult to be 100% anything because there have been mixtures down the line, but then again, how are we supposed to define our ethnicity?
Reply 68
100% Somali
just somali :smile:
Pakistani
100% Tamil.

(Btw, I expected way more white British people on this thread, given that they represent over 80% of the U.K.)
100% kurdish :smile:
A boring Caucasian :yawn:
1/5th Italian
1/4 English
1/4 Scottish
1/7 Arab/Swaheli
1/3 Anglo African
1/7 Tibetan Terrier

I am extremely proud of all my roots (apart from English, thats racist)
British, Irish and French! :lol:
Pashtun power!
Reply 77
Korean.
Original post by Betelgeuse-
1/5th Italian
1/4 English
1/4 Scottish
1/7 Arab/Swaheli
1/3 Anglo African
1/7 Tibetan Terrier

I am extremely proud of all my roots (apart from English, thats racist)

You realise that your fractions add up to more than 1 right? Do you have like extra chromosomes or? 😂😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
White British

Based on my 4 grandparents I'm:

1/4 Welsh
1/4 Scottish
1/4 English
1/4 Scouser

Quick Reply

Latest