Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheIr0nDuke)
    The only reason the media is so 'anti-Muslim' is because it is mostly Muslims who have been causing problems in the West. I'm sure if Christians started bombing public areas that would be front page news as well. However I don't engage in 'anti-Muslim press' conspiracy theories. Plus I listed other points besides homosexuals. Many Christians view it as unnatural, and that is their right.

Do Muslims not do exactly the same? We get told after every bombing, every attack, every death caused by Islam that it is a 'religion of peace'. This is blatantly not the case.
    So because a few so-called Muslims bomb innocent people, Islam automatically isn't a religion of peace? Bad logic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yasminkattan)
    So because a few so-called Muslims bomb innocent people, Islam automatically isn't a religion of peace? Bad logic.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...rorist_attacks

Haven't refuted any other points I raised.

And they aren't 'so-called', either. No it really isn't, and it doesn't take much intelligence to see why.

ReputationRep:
    this is why people find some muslims annoying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    Some extreme variations prohibit it, as do some extreme Protestant denominations (esp New World Puritans)
    Nah dude

its not extreme to prohibit music, the majority of the classical Islamic scholars didn't allow it, as with some scholars of today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uberteknik)
    Nah. The people who do this ain't Christian m8.
    Yeah I'm sure they aren't

ReputationRep:
    The only reason the media is so 'anti-Muslim' is because it is mostly Muslims who have been causing problems in the West. I'm sure if Christians started bombing public areas that would be front page news as well. However I don't engage in 'anti-Muslim press' conspiracy theories. Plus I listed other points besides homosexuals. Many Christians view it as unnatural, and that is their right.

Do Muslims not do exactly the same? We get told after every bombing, every attack, every death caused by Islam that it is a 'religion of peace'. This is blatantly not the case.
    yes there was a lot of harm done in the name of Christianity in the past.
    slavery, colonialism, anti-black and brown prejudice (with the Hamitic theory), the klan ect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJlover)
    yes there was a lot of harm done in the name of Christianity in the past.
    slavery, colonialism, anti-black and brown prejudice (with the Hamitic theory), the klan ect
    There was a lot of harm done by most religions. Islam continues with it.

Wasn't just whites who practiced slavery. Africans and Arabs also did. In some cases Africans sold their own people for a profit to Western merchants.

The Klan has killed around 3,500 people since its inception. Black on black murder passes that every 6 months in the US.

ReputationRep:
    There was a lot of harm done by most religions. Islam continues with it.

Wasn't just whites who practiced slavery. Africans and Arabs also did. In some cases Africans sold their own people for a profit to Western merchants.

The Klan has killed around 3,500 people since its inception. Black on black murder passes that every 6 months in the US.
    Africans and arabs practiced slavery but the type practiced by Europeans was more harsh and killed more people. Plus a lot of slaves were kidnapped by Europeans rather than sold by other Africans.

In the case of Africans enslaving other Africans, well for years tribes had conflict and it was prisoners of wars that were sold internally, and they wouldn't lose their tribe, culture and their identity - plus they didn't die from it. Since it was only men who fought wars I wonder if any women were enslaved at all.

I don't agree with you comparing the Klan with 'black on black' crime, but I wonder if Black Muslims in the US have anything to do with those numbers, probably not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJlover)
    Africans and arabs practiced slavery but the type practiced by Europeans was more harsh and killed more people. Plus a lot of slaves were kidnapped by Europeans rather than sold by other Africans.

In the case of Africans enslaving other Africans, well for years tribes had conflict and it was prisoners of wars that were sold internally, and they wouldn't lose their tribe, culture and their identity - plus they didn't die from it. Since it was only men who fought wars I wonder if any women were enslaved at all.

I don't agree with you comparing the Klan with 'black on black' crime, but I wonder if Black Muslims in the US have anything to do with those numbers, probably not.

1. That's a big big lie

2. Just because one killed more than the other doesn't give it justification

3. And probably the most important one. EUROPEANS ABOLISHED SLAVERY. ARABS STILL CONTINUE IT

http://originalpeople.org/the-arab-m...-untold-story/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wdkmwd)
    1. That's a big big lie

3. And probably the most important one. EUROPEANS ABOLISHED SLAVERY. ARABS STILL CONTINUE IT

Africans were even complicit in the selling of their own people. Is this really surprising given the barbarism and sadism of a lot of African leaders?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemting)
    "It was accepted at the time" is the worst excuse ever. The prophet is supposed to be timeless, "ahead of his time" progressive, a bastion of morality for all of time. He wasn't supposed to have been influenced by culture and time, unless you admit he wasn't the "apostle of allah", just another fallible Arab who achieved things politically?

People don't take 16th century England as a basis for all morality & way of life, and King John as the most perfect person to have ever lived. Muslims do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    PRSOM, they're always using the King John and other Plantagenet monarchs' example :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oliver_94)
    The problem with you. You have no counter argument so anyone who comes out in support of Islam is a troll. This is why Islam is the fastest growing religion and will soon be the majority (even more than atheists like myself). People like you can't logically attack Islam, you just shout troll, troll, troll. I take it as a compliment as I know I have backed you into a corner
    It is obvious you are a Muslim troll. No atheist would speak about Islam with the exact same admiration that Muslims do, otherwise they would no longer be an atheist.

Islam will never be a majority, they make up less than 5% of the UK's population so fantasise about Islam ruling the world all you like but we all know it's never going to happen.

ReputationRep:
    1. That's a big big lie

Haha please. Europeans travel to Thailand to have sex with young girls used as sex slaves. Some even buy slaves and keep them illegally. Europeans can be far more backwards, so don't go there.

ReputationRep:
    Haha please. Europeans travel to Thailand to have sex with young girls used as sex slaves. Some even buy slaves and keep them illegally. Europeans can be far more backwards, so don't go there.

Old Prominent Arab men, especially in Saudi Arabia, their Imams and religious leaders, not only frequently rape their house maids and organise arrange marriages for their adult sons usually little Yemeni girls, but they also keep slaves, it has been well documented that these acts still go one till this day so please don't even try and compare the two.

http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/hu...abia-121500465

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...e-slavery.html

ReputationRep:
    Old Prominent Arab men, especially in Saudi Arabia, their Imams and religious leaders, not only frequently rape their house maids and organise arrange marriages for their adult sons usually little Yemeni girls, but they also keep slaves, it has been well documented that these acts still go one till this day so please don't even try and compare the two.

http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/hu...abia-121500465

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...e-slavery.html
    And why can't I compare the two? I could just as easily find hundreds of articles about slave trafficking in Europe, usually involving children.

ReputationRep:
    And why can't I compare the two? I could just as easily find hundreds of articles about slave trafficking in Europe, usually involving children.

Because one (Arab) is religiously permitted (Islam) while the other (European) isn't (Christianity)

ReputationRep:
    So do the Arabs. They sell them into slavery too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    PRSOM, they're always using the King John and other Plantagenet monarchs' example :rofl:
    Yeah I don't know where they got this from? I've mentioned this later well, how can someone who rejected the Magna Carta be a basis for any morality to anyone today?

ReputationRep:
    It is obvious you are a Muslim troll. No atheist would speak about Islam with the exact same admiration that Muslims do, otherwise they would no longer be an atheist.

Islam will never be a majority, they make up less than 5% of the UK's population so fantasise about Islam ruling the world all you like but we all know it's never going to happen.
    Lol, how should I prove I am not a Muslim?

ReputationRep:

You'd be surprised!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.