Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wdkmwd)
    I love how Everyone in the world who talks about Islam, even theological scholars that know more about their religion than most muslims themselves immediately "has no knowledge" if the person talking about islam puts it in a bad light Hahahaha.
    You haven't even read the quran hahahaha and yet you thrive to say that non muslims are more knowledgeable on Islam? you know a few things I know a lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luminarychild)
    As a briton myself, having had muslims ALSO fight for this country and facing british imperialism and colonisation I will gladly say go f*ck yourself I have the freedom to do what I wan. Thank you for realising how blessed I am not to be in your shoes.
    One thing I can tell about Luminarychild is that they have the nicest "Go f**k yourself" on TSR.

ReputationRep:
    You haven't even read the quran hahahaha and yet you thrive to say that non muslims are more knowledgeable on Islam? you know a few things I know a lot

Yes.

It's alright for muslims to make claims like "you've never read the Qur'an" or "I know more than you about Islam" even though the claims are based solely on conjecture

Yet when westerners say "Islam is violent religion"

Muslims turn around and say, you're ignorant, you know nothing, blah blah blah.

(Original post by King Scorchy)
    It would make everyone stop fighting, and then we can get on with things.
    CONVERT OR DIE SCUM!
    Not really, there's a lot of fighting going on between Muslim sects. Probably within them too.

Besides, they said that about Christianity too. And almost every other religion - except Bahai and Sikhism, from what I remember.

ReputationRep:
    Keep on being a retard see what I care :rofl:

Just realised you're Zinan LMAO you're an actual scumbag mate worse than any ISIS member in regards to character, YOu are full of racism, hate and bigotry which was proven on that post where you got destroyed by me and asaprocky

Once again, Muslims equate questioning their backward religion to racism.

Yet I'm the retard here.

Right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    This cracked me up so much!

1) "Why don't we just convert to Islam?" thread title.
    2) BS story of how Islam progressed.
    3) Getting touchy and verbally attacking people for criticizing Islam.
    4) Repeated reality twisting.
    5) Oh and look at that, blaming the west to avert the blame from the real guilty party: Islamic Ideology.

Oh and by the way, as an indigenous Briton I have freedom of speech. So, I'll say it again.

P*ss off to Saudi, you scumbag! Thanks for the good laugh by the way!
    Damn! Awkward if your next trip to the doctors is a Saudi.

ReputationRep:
    You were making racist comments about asians and middle eastern people. (on the other thread)

Fails to realise his actions.

True retard

Racist comment like how Inbreeding is prevalent in Asia?

That's like calling me racist for saying terrorism is prevalent in the Middle east.

Just because it hurts you and it's true doesn't make it racist idiot.

ReputationRep:
    Racist comment like how Inbreeding is prevalent in Asia?

That's like calling me racist for saying terrorism is prevalent in the Middle east.

Just because it hurts you and it's true doesn't make it racist idiot.

It wasn't even that you proceeded to declare that all asians and middle eastern people were inbred and scum, which is incredibly made up bullshyte alongside many inferiority comments

Learn the definition of racist, idiot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheIr0nDuke)
    Because it's hard to believe anyone is seriously that stupid. Oppression of women, curtailed free speech, killing of homosexuals, endorsement of the killing of non-muslims. If you're for all that, fair enough. But don't try to say it's superior to Christianity, because it most definitely isn't.

Islam will never become the majority in the UK. The public will realise and rally long before that happens.
    Funny you say that...

Death penalty for engaging in homosexual acts:
    "So God let them go ahead and do whatever shameful things their hearts desired. As a result, they did vile and degrading things with each other’s bodies. Instead of believing what they knew was the truth about God, they deliberately chose to believe lies. So they worshiped the things God made but not the Creator himself, who is to be praised forever. Amen. That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. And the men, instead of having normal sexual relationships with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men and, as a result, suffered within themselves the penalty they so richly deserved. When they refused to acknowledge God, he abandoned them to their evil minds and let them do things that should never be done. Their lives became full of every kind of wickedness, sin, greed, hate, envy, murder, fighting, deception, malicious behavior, and gossip. They are backstabbers, haters of God, insolent, proud, and boastful. They are forever inventing new ways of sinning and are disobedient to their parents. They refuse to understand, break their promises, and are heartless and unforgiving. They are fully aware of God’s death penalty for those who do these things, yet they go right ahead and do them anyway. And, worse yet, they encourage others to do them, too." (Romans 1:24-32 NLT)

Killing those who follow other religions:
    "If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst." (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

Killing women who are not virgins on their wedding night:
    "But if this charge is true (that she wasn’t a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her father's house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father’s house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst." (Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)

Death for blasphemy:
    "One day a man who had an Israelite mother and an Egyptian father got into a fight with one of the Israelite men. During the fight, this son of an Israelite woman blasphemed the LORD’s name. So the man was brought to Moses for judgment. His mother’s name was Shelomith. She was the daughter of Dibri of the tribe of Dan. They put the man in custody until the LORD’s will in the matter should become clear. Then the LORD said to Moses, “Take the blasphemer outside the camp, and tell all those who heard him to lay their hands on his head. Then let the entire community stone him to death. Say to the people of Israel: Those who blaspheme God will suffer the consequences of their guilt and be punished. Anyone who blasphemes the LORD’s name must be stoned to death by the whole community of Israel. Any Israelite or foreigner among you who blasphemes the LORD’s name will surely die." (Leviticus 24:10-16 NLT)

What is superior about this? Keep in mind that these are all quotes taken from the Bible, and they account for a very small percentage of similar orders given by "God". And I know you're going to say "but these are from the Old Testament" just like every other Christian apologist who decides to ignore certain aspects of their religion, but Jesus told his followers they must follow the Old Testament in order to get to heaven, and that he has not come to denounce it.

ReputationRep:
    It wasn't even that you proceeded to declare that all asians and middle eastern people were inbred and scum, which is incredibly made up bullshyte alongside many inferiority comments

Learn the definition of racist, idiot

Show me one place where I said that ALL asians and Middle eastern people were inbred scums.

And I just realised that you were a woman and not a guy. Your facial features deceived me.

I can't continue hurling insults at a lady as my mother raised me better than that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yasminkattan)
    Funny you say that...

"So God let them go ahead and do whatever shameful things their hearts desired. As a result, they did vile and degrading things with each other’s bodies. Instead of believing what they knew was the truth about God, they deliberately chose to believe lies. So they worshiped the things God made but not the Creator himself, who is to be praised forever. Amen. That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. And the men, instead of having normal sexual relationships with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men and, as a result, suffered within themselves the penalty they so richly deserved. When they refused to acknowledge God, he abandoned them to their evil minds and let them do things that should never be done. Their lives became full of every kind of wickedness, sin, greed, hate, envy, murder, fighting, deception, malicious behavior, and gossip. They are backstabbers, haters of God, insolent, proud, and boastful. They are forever inventing new ways of sinning and are disobedient to their parents. They refuse to understand, break their promises, and are heartless and unforgiving. They are fully aware of God’s death penalty for those who do these things, yet they go right ahead and do them anyway. And, worse yet, they encourage others to do them, too." (Romans 1:24-32 NLT)

"If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst." (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

"But if this charge is true (that she wasn’t a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her father's house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father’s house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst." (Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)

Death for blasphemy:
    "One day a man who had an Israelite mother and an Egyptian father got into a fight with one of the Israelite men. During the fight, this son of an Israelite woman blasphemed the LORD’s name. So the man was brought to Moses for judgment. His mother’s name was Shelomith. She was the daughter of Dibri of the tribe of Dan. They put the man in custody until the LORD’s will in the matter should become clear. Then the LORD said to Moses, “Take the blasphemer outside the camp, and tell all those who heard him to lay their hands on his head. Then let the entire community stone him to death. Say to the people of Israel: Those who blaspheme God will suffer the consequences of their guilt and be punished. Anyone who blasphemes the LORD’s name must be stoned to death by the whole community of Israel. Any Israelite or foreigner among you who blasphemes the LORD’s name will surely die." (Leviticus 24:10-16 NLT)

What is superior about this? Keep in mind that these are all quotes taken from the Bible, and they account for a very small percentage of similar orders given by "God". And I know you're going to say "but these are from the Old Testament" just like every other Christian apologist who decides to ignore certain aspects of their religion, but Jesus told his followers they must follow the Old Testament in order to get to heaven, and that he has not come to denounce it.
    And that's where you and every other ignorant muslim is wrong because Jesus specifically said in

NIV, Matthew 5:17–18) that “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished"

Meaning that Jesus came to affirm and fulfill the law. As Hebrews 8:1-13 says

Now the main point of what we are saying is this: We do have such a high priest, who sat down at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in heaven, 2 and who serves in the sanctuary, the true tabernacle set up by the Lord, not by a mere human being.3 Every high priest is appointed to offer both gifts and sacrifices, and so it was necessary for this one also to have something to offer. 4 If he were on earth, he would not be a priest, for there are already priests who offer the gifts prescribed by the law. 5 They serve at a sanctuary that is a copy and shadow of what is in heaven. This is why Moses was warned when he was about to build the tabernacle: “See to it that you make everything according to the pattern shown you on the mountain.”[a] 6 But in fact the ministry Jesus has received is as superior to theirs as the covenant of which he is mediator is superior to the old one, since the new covenant is established on better promises.7 For if there had been nothing wrong with that first covenant, no place would have been sought for another. 8 But God found fault with the people and said[b]:“The days are coming, declares the Lord,
    when I will make a new covenant
    with the people of Israel
    and with the people of Judah.
    9 It will not be like the covenant
    I made with their ancestors
    when I took them by the hand
    to lead them out of Egypt,
    because they did not remain faithful to my covenant,
    and I turned away from them,
    declares the Lord.
    10 This is the covenant I will establish with the people of Israel
    after that time, declares the Lord.
    I will put my laws in their minds
    and write them on their hearts.
    I will be their God,
    and they will be my people.
    11 No longer will they teach their neighbor,
    or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’
    because they will all know me,
    from the least of them to the greatest.
    12 For I will forgive their wickedness
    and will remember their sins no more.”[c]13 By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.So try again my friend to compare Islam to Christianity.

ReputationRep:
    Show me one place where I said that ALL asians and Middle eastern people were inbred scums.

And I just realised that you were a woman and not a guy. Your facial features deceived me.

I can't continue hurling insults at a lady as my mother raised me better than that.
    Go back to that thread and it is all there lmao yuou were spewing hate all over the place, immaturely too

I am a man ffs -_-

Are sure your mother even raised you at all? I don't think you know what respect is fool

ReputationRep:
    Funny you say that...

Death for blasphemy:

When was the last time you heard about Christians slaughtering homosexuals, or killing anyone for doing the things you listed?

Many Christians use the Bible as a guideline, not following every line absolutely. There are so many contradictions it would be nigh impossible.

Which religion is it who continues to practice such savagery, and also kills those who want to leave? Islam.

ReputationRep:
    Go back to that thread and it is all there lmao yuou were spewing hate all over the place, immaturely too

I am a man ffs -_-

Are sure your mother even raised you at all? I don't think you know what respect is fool

Nah you're wrong.

The user with a bear as their avatar called you a lady.

Yes my mother did. And please don't call me a fool. I'm not the one following a religion that allows me to beat all 4 wives i have anytime i feel like.

ReputationRep:
    Nah you're wrong.

The user with a bear as their avatar called you a lady.

Yes my mother did. And please don't call me a fool. I'm not the one following a religion that allows me to beat all 4 wives i have anytime i feel like.
    I am right, just accept it

Well I didn't realise but I don't blame them

How many muslims do you know have 4 wives? I can also show you non muslims with multiple partners, different children with several different partners and non muslims who beat their partners to a pulp. It's like watching jeremy kyle

But I know that it is a minority and neither all muslims or all non muslims are like that. That is called respect.

ReputationRep:
    And that's where you and every other ignorant muslim is wrong because Jesus specifically said in

NIV, Matthew 5:17–18) that “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished"

Meaning that Jesus came to affirm and fulfill the law. As Hebrews 8:1-13 says

Now the main point of what we are saying is this: We do have such a high priest, who sat down at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in heaven, 2 and who serves in the sanctuary, the true tabernacle set up by the Lord, not by a mere human being.3 Every high priest is appointed to offer both gifts and sacrifices, and so it was necessary for this one also to have something to offer. 4 If he were on earth, he would not be a priest, for there are already priests who offer the gifts prescribed by the law. 5 They serve at a sanctuary that is a copy and shadow of what is in heaven. This is why Moses was warned when he was about to build the tabernacle: “See to it that you make everything according to the pattern shown you on the mountain.”[a] 6 But in fact the ministry Jesus has received is as superior to theirs as the covenant of which he is mediator is superior to the old one, since the new covenant is established on better promises.7 For if there had been nothing wrong with that first covenant, no place would have been sought for another. 8 But God found fault with the people and said[b]:“The days are coming, declares the Lord,
    when I will make a new covenant
    with the people of Israel
    and with the people of Judah.
    9 It will not be like the covenant
    I made with their ancestors
    when I took them by the hand
    to lead them out of Egypt,
    because they did not remain faithful to my covenant,
    and I turned away from them,
    declares the Lord.
    10 This is the covenant I will establish with the people of Israel
    after that time, declares the Lord.
    I will put my laws in their minds
    and write them on their hearts.
    I will be their God,
    and they will be my people.
    11 No longer will they teach their neighbor,
    or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’
    because they will all know me,
    from the least of them to the greatest.
    12 For I will forgive their wickedness
    and will remember their sins no more.”[c]13 By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.So try again my friend to compare Islam to Christianity.
    You're contradicting yourself. If Jesus said he came to affirm and fulfil the law of God, just as the prophets before him had done, then he hadn't come to change anything.

“For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 5:18-19)

“It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid.” (Luke 16:17)

“Did not Moses give you the law [of stoning], and yet none of you keepeth the law” (John 7:19)

"And He answered and said to them, "Why do you yourselves transgress the commandment of God for the sake of your tradition? 4"For God said, 'Honour your father and mother,' and, 'he who speaks evil of father or mother is to be put to death.'"(Matthew 15:3-4).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheIr0nDuke)
    When was the last time you heard about Christians slaughtering homosexuals, or killing anyone for doing the things you listed?

Many Christians use the Bible as a guideline, not following every line absolutely. There are so many contradictions it would be nigh impossible.

Which religion is it who continues to practice such savagery, and also kills those who want to leave? Islam.
    I'm sure that happens a lot throughout the world. The media just doesn't pay as much attention to it since the trend lately is anti-Muslim hate. Take Uganda for example - have you seen how homosexuals there are treated? If they get caught they could even be killed. In Eastern Europe homosexuals are still beaten up in the streets if exposed, and I wouldn't be surprised if some went as far as beating them to death. Russians are also very vocal about how anti-homosexual they are. These are all Christian countries and the hate for homosexuals stems from Christianity and the teachings of the church.

That's the thing with Christians. They claim to be religious, yet only follow the parts of the Bible that suit them. They choose to ignore what their holy book actually says, whilst at the same time preaching how "peaceful" Christianity is.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure that happens a lot throughout the world. The media just doesn't pay as much attention to it since the trend lately is anti-Muslim hate. Take Uganda for example - have you seen how homosexuals there are treated? If they get caught they could even be killed. In Eastern Europe homosexuals are still beaten up in the streets if exposed, and I wouldn't be surprised if some went as far as beating them to death. Russians are also very vocal about how anti-homosexual they are. These are all Christian countries and the hate for homosexuals stems from Christianity and the teachings of the church.

That's the thing with Christians. They claim to be religious, yet only follow the parts of the Bible that suit them. They choose to ignore what their holy book actually says, whilst at the same time preaching how "peaceful" Christianity is.
    The only reason the media is so 'anti-Muslim' is because it is mostly Muslims who have been causing problems in the West. I'm sure if Christians started bombing public areas that would be front page news as well. However I don't engage in 'anti-Muslim press' conspiracy theories. Plus I listed other points besides homosexuals. Many Christians view it as unnatural, and that is their right.

Do Muslims not do exactly the same? We get told after every bombing, every attack, every death caused by Islam that it is a 'religion of peace'. This is blatantly not the case.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper

Nah. The people who do this ain't Christian m8. It's a culture thing don't you know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    Some extreme variations prohibit it, as do some extreme Protestant denominations (esp New World Puritans)
    Have you seen the Facebook post about 'Christian rap' being Satan's music?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 31, 2016
Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.