Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,
    So now it has come to the stressful easter holidays, the last official holidays before exam season starts, how is everyone revising, what techniques are you using to make it stick in and most importantly how much are you doing? I'm doing Spanish, English language, psychology and maths AS levels all for AQA but don't have a clue how to start revising!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this.

Why not try posting in a specific subject forum- you might have more luck there.

Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses.

ReputationRep:
    1) Go through every single past paper, answer every single question and write notes about the questions you didn't get. Read examiner's reports- the places they say where candidates slipped up is a giveaway the exam board will throw those back in to compare year group statistics (teacher used to work for Edexcel)

2) For languages (I'm doing German), you'll find plenty of online essay phraseology charts to boost your phrases. Learn grammar rules that are higher level (maybe don't exactlylearn the rule bc thats hard af, but know some examples for every topic and fit them in somehow). Use Quizlet to binge vocabulary (free to make an account too) and keep practicing reading/listening/writing papers- it's a skill. You get good at a skill from practise

3) Do exercise to maintain stress, eat/sleep well, all will be good

ReputationRep:
    yeah I don't really know how to start either. I'm just gonna do a bunch of past papers. After you've got the content all you can do is practice and hope i geuss. don't work yo hard though have some down time too !

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing essays for English and History, and going through past papers for Politics.

ReputationRep:
    I also do english language, psychology and maths. The best revision for maths is completing past exam papers. I would suggest for psychology that you do a past exam paper but without any notes, complete an hour of revision each day on topics such as memory, attachment, research methods ect. and then re do the paper and mark it so you can see your revision is making a difference. English Langauge is hard to revise for therefore I would suggest you create mind maps on accent and dialect and gender and occupation with example and theories so you understand what you could be asked to include. Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophiemc1999)
    I also do english language, psychology and maths. The best revision for maths is completing past exam papers. I would suggest for psychology that you do a past exam paper but without any notes, complete an hour of revision each day on topics such as memory, attachment, research methods ect. and then re do the paper and mark it so you can see your revision is making a difference. English Langauge is hard to revise for therefore I would suggest you create mind maps on accent and dialect and gender and occupation with example and theories so you understand what you could be asked to include. Hope this helps
    I've done mind maps for the paper 1 on things from each language level that I can analyse, and started doing bits from paper 2 as we haven't covered much on them, but I can't seem to get timing right!! If I do it in timed i'm not writing in enough detail so I'm not getting a decent mark, so that's something I defo need to work on. Also for psychology are you using the old past papers too, as it's a new specification and they've not given us a lot to work with?!?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.