Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would love to see what Muslims say about this.. Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to hear a good response to my next 2 questions (amusing irony there)

1) Bombs everywhere. Muslims say 'nothing to do with me, don't judge Muslims by these lowlives ISIS'. In other words they preach to treat them as individual and not to group them all and put them under a negative stereotype. Yet, in Islam you are brought up to group, judge, and place a negative stereotype upon gays as an example (being one example alone). What's worse is that gays CANNOT help their sexuality whereas you CAN help your faith and even worse unless I am mistaken, death penalty applies to homosexual behaviour. I can't get my head around how Muslims can sit there in astonishment at how people group them as Muslims who are responsible for terrorism an dthen their faith is absolutely full of stereotyping such as with gays. You basically target a group of innocent people and then complain not to generalise when people say that your faith is a the wider problem behind ISIS. Great logic there.

2) If everything under the sun is Islamophobia, then the murdered shopkeeper in Scotland who was taken down by another Muslim man for posting a Christian happy easter message - is that christianityphobia? And what is your opinion on Christianityphobia within your communities? All we ever hear is Islamaphobia Islamaphobia as if we are fruitcakes or something. Well let me tell you, a Muslim man getting stabbed to death in an area less populated by Muslims compared to say London, just hours after posting a happy easter message to christians, by a fellow Muslim - if that is not an ultimate sign of Christianityphobia far stronger than any prior Islamaphobia claim you have ever made, then I don't know what is. The next time you ever make a claim of Islamaphobia because a sane human being questioned the value system of your religion, please remember that a fellow Muslim decided to kill another human being and fellow Muslim hours after he posted happy easter on facebook. And then think why people question your religion. Irony.

I really would love to know.

ReputationRep:
    Haha. You can't handle the truth. Genuinely, I feel sorry for you and your doctrined mind.

ReputationRep:
    I can't even get a girl on facebook to accept my friend request and u want me to stop isis? lol!

only read the first sentence btw cba reading the rest lol!!

ReputationRep:
    The sad thing is that most Muslims just don't care about this stuff. Religious people are generally very self-serving, and most Muslims are very religious.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really practice my religion much but I'm bored so I'll bite.

1) Bombs everywhere. Muslims say 'nothing to do with me, don't judge Muslims by these lowlives ISIS'. In other words they preach to treat them as individual and not to group them all and put them under a negative stereotype.
    The simple fact is you can't generalise an entire group of people based on the actions of a minority. I haven't hurt anyone, in fact, I want to go into a profession where I can help society. Why should I be painted under the same brush as murderers even though I haven't done anything?
    Pretend a neo-nazi who dislikes Islam murders a muslim person. He is a murderer right? What if I said that you are murderer because you had the same beliefs as the neo-nazi?

Yet, in Islam you are brought up to group, judge, and place a negative stereotype upon gays as an example (being one example alone).
    Islam disagrees with homoseuality however it says nothing about "judging" and "placing negative stereotypes".

What's worse is that gays CANNOT help their sexuality whereas you CAN help your faith and even worse unless I am mistaken, death penalty applies to homosexual behaviour. I can't get my head around how Muslims can sit there in astonishment at how people group them as Muslims who are responsible for terrorism an dthen their faith is absolutely full of stereotyping such as with gays.
    Islam doesn't say anything about stereotyping homosexual people. Muslim countries have a horrendous record when it comes to LGBT issues and while the faith does disagree with homosexuality, it doesn't say anything about "stereotyping gays". Muslim people don't care if people "group them as Muslims", they are (and quite rightfully) annoyed when they're grouped with terrorists who take the lives of innocent people.

2) If everything under the sun is Islamophobia, then the murdered shopkeeper in Scotland who was taken down by another Muslim man for posting a Christian happy easter message - is that christianityphobia?
    I believe the term you're looking for is Christianophobia. Wikipedia says "Anti-Christian sentiment (or Christianophobia) encompasses discrimination and intolerance against Christians, according to Council of European Episcopal Conferences (CCEE)."
    The man who carried out the attack is intolerable scum. Yes, it may have been Christianophobia but since the victim was Muslim, I'm not sure. What I do know is this was a brutal attack against an innocent man.

And what is your opinion on Christianityphobia within your communities?
    I personally don't have an opinion. I do know that there are quite a few Muslim countries who are quite intolerant of Christianity. However, I think a big reason as to why is poverty and widespread lack of education. Richer Muslim countries are a lot better (but not perfect). My own parents who are quite religious refer to Christians as "people of the book". That's all I can say really.

All we ever hear is Islamaphobia Islamaphobia as if we are fruitcakes or something. Well let me tell you, a Muslim man getting stabbed to death in an area less populated by Muslims compared to say London, just hours after posting a happy easter message to christians, by a fellow Muslim - if that is not an ultimate sign of Christianityphobia far stronger than any prior Islamaphobia claim you have ever made, then I don't know what is.
    You can't "quanity" Islamophobia or Christianophobia. In a traditionally Christian country you'd expect less anti-Christain sentiment compared to a traditionally Muslim country. In a Muslim country you'd expect less anti-Muslim sentiment compared to a traditionally Christian country.
    Things like this depend on general public sentiment and the political climate, not on individual hypothetical incidents such as yours.

The next time you ever make a claim of Islamaphobia because a sane human being questioned the value system of your religion please remember that a fellow Muslim decided to kill another human being and fellow Muslim hours after he posted happy easter on facebook. And then think why people question your religion. Irony.
    On the topic of Islamophobia, there's a difference between hating Muslims and hating Islam. One is hating a billion+ people and the other is hating a religion. What some people regard as Islamophobia is different to other people so it really depends on the context.
    If I was a proper practising Muslim and I wasn't given a job due to my religion, do I need to remember some random Muslim person decided to kill someone before claiming Islamophobia? I don't think someone else's transgressions should play any part in my decisions especially if I'm being discriminated against.

The thing is, what that person did was unfortunate, however I don't think it should reflect on me. I am a normal person, who does normal things, who hopes for normal things. Just because some jackass decided to do something horrible doesn't mean that I'll decide to do it too. It doesn't mean that I want someone to do it for me. It doesn't even mean that I hope it'll happen again. I guess that's what we want people to understand

ReputationRep:
    1) While Islam disagrees with homosexuals, it does not say to condemn them. Those are the actions of people, regardless of religion. In the same way homophobic Christians have interpreted the Bible as saying "hate gays", homophobic Muslims will use the Quran as an excuse for their own agenda.

2) Christianophobia is, once again, a product of misguided people and has little to do with the religion. Hitler and many people within his Nazi government were anti-Semetic. Hitler was Christian. Muslims don't like being equated with terrorists because that is like saying all Christians are anti-Semetic and want to kill Jews because Hitler did.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melanin101)
    I don't really practice my religion much but I'm bored so I'll bite.

The simple fact is you can't generalise an entire group of people based on the actions of a minority. I haven't hurt anyone, in fact, I want to go into a profession where I can help society. Why should I be painted under the same brush as murderers even though I haven't done anything?
    Pretend a neo-nazi who dislikes Islam murders a muslim person. He is a murderer right? What if I said that you are murderer because you had the same beliefs as the neo-nazi?

Islam disagrees with homoseuality however it says nothing about "judging" and "placing negative stereotypes".

Islam doesn't say anything about stereotyping homosexual people. Muslim countries have a horrendous record when it comes to LGBT issues and while the faith does disagree with homosexuality, it doesn't say anything about "stereotyping gays". Muslim people don't care if people "group them as Muslims", they are (and quite rightfully) annoyed when they're grouped with terrorists who take the lives of innocent people.

I believe the term you're looking for is Christianophobia. Wikipedia says "Anti-Christian sentiment (or Christianophobia) encompasses discrimination and intolerance against Christians, according to Council of European Episcopal Conferences (CCEE)."
    The man who carried out the attack is intolerable scum. Yes, it may have been Christianophobia but since the victim was Muslim, I'm not sure. What I do know is this was a brutal attack against an innocent man.

I personally don't have an opinion. I do know that there are quite a few Muslim countries who are quite intolerant of Christianity. However, I think a big reason as to why is poverty and widespread lack of education. Richer Muslim countries are a lot better (but not perfect). My own parents who are quite religious refer to Christians as "people of the book". That's all I can say really.

You can't "quanity" Islamophobia or Christianophobia. In a traditionally Christian country you'd expect less anti-Christain sentiment compared to a traditionally Muslim country. In a Muslim country you'd expect less anti-Muslim sentiment compared to a traditionally Christian country.
    Things like this depend on general public sentiment and the political climate, not on individual hypothetical incidents such as yours.

On the topic of Islamophobia, there's a difference between hating Muslims and hating Islam. One is hating a billion+ people and the other is hating a religion. What some people regard as Islamophobia is different to other people so it really depends on the context.
    If I was a proper practising Muslim and I wasn't given a job due to my religion, I need to remember that some random Muslim person decided to kill someone before claiming Islamophobia? I don't think someone else's transgressions should play any part in my decisions especially if I'm being discriminated against.

The thing is, what that person did was unfortunate, however I don't think it should reflect on me. I am a normal person, who does normal things, who hopes for normal things. Just because some jackass decided to do something horrible doesn't mean that I'll decide to do it too. It doesn't mean that I want someone to do it for me. It doesn't even mean that I hope it'll happen again. I guess that's what we want people to understand
    This.👌🏽

:own3d:

(Original post by le_darkhorse)
    2) If everything under the sun is Islamophobia, then the murdered shopkeeper in Scotland who was taken down by another Muslim man for posting a Christian happy easter message - is that christianityphobia? And what is your opinion on Christianityphobia within your communities?
    They'd probably react the same to a Muslim defecting to any other religion, or atheism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by le_darkhorse)
    1) Bombs everywhere. Muslims say 'nothing to do with me, don't judge Muslims by these lowlives ISIS'. In other words they preach to treat them as individual and not to group them all and put them under a negative stereotype. Yet, in Islam you are brought up to group, judge, and place a negative stereotype upon gays as an example
    Not just that, Muslims themselves claim to be part of an undivisible global group called the Ummah

When it suits them, Muslims claim to be uniquely sensitive to the suffering of all Muslims everywhere, through some as yet unknown mechanism. When it suits them, they will claim their shared religion gives them a right to advocate for foreign policy based on their connection to people whose countries they've never travelled to, rather than seeing themselves as fellow British citizens.

But when we take them at their word, suddenly it's "nothing to do with us, guv". How convenient

ReputationRep:
    it is Easter. why can't people be nice to each other ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by warriorette12)
    1) While Islam disagrees with homosexuals, it does not say to condemn them. Those are the actions of people, regardless of religion. In the same way homophobic Christians have interpreted the Bible as saying "hate gays", homophobic Muslims will use the Quran as an excuse for their own agenda.

2) Christianophobia is, once again, a product of misguided people and has little to do with the religion. Hitler and many people within his Nazi government were anti-Semetic. Hitler was Christian. Muslims don't like being equated with terrorists because that is like saying all Christians are anti-Semetic and want to kill Jews because Hitler did.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No he wasn't you ƒucking idiot.

Show us anywhere from any credible source which states that he was a Christian.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    it is Easter. why can't people be nice to each other ?
    *stab stab stab stab*

ReputationRep:
    the heart of Religion is to be nice to other people. so let's be nice on this Special Day.

ReputationRep:
    the heart of Religion is to be nice to other people. so let's be nice on this Special Day.

Except religions like Islam that command its followers to fight those who do not believe in Allah

Quran 9:29

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Z-Zinan)
    Except religions like Islam that command its followers to fight those who do not believe in Allah

Quran 9:29

Give it a rest pal

Bear 12:73

ReputationRep:
    Give it a rest pal

Bear 12:73

"You sit there and you thump your Bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your Psalms, talk about John 3:16... Austin 3:16 says I just whipped your ass!"

Austin 3:16

ReputationRep:
    "You sit there and you thump your Bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your Psalms, talk about John 3:16... Austin 3:16 says I just whipped your ass!"

Austin 3:16
    be kind to those around you. be ye not a douche.

Bear 8: 17

ReputationRep:
    be kind to those around you. be ye not a douche.

Bear 8: 17

Is ye calling thou a douche, my bear friend?

Zinan 3:11

ReputationRep:
    Is ye calling thou a douche, my bear friend?

Zinan 3:11
    chill ye out blud. spreadeth the nice.

Bear 11:5

ReputationRep:
    chill ye out blud. spreadeth the nice.

Bear 11:5

I'm out mate, I'll c you around

Cba 11:12

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.