(Original post by Ayaz789)
    Is Maths at University hard?
    That's a very subjective question!

Do you enjoy maths at the moment?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayquaza17)
    That's a very subjective question!

Do you enjoy maths at the moment?
    Yes i do like Maths , & i used to find it easy but im not the best at it anymore , predicted A for Maths & Further maths , should i be fine?

ReputationRep:
    Yes i do like Maths , & i used to find it easy but im not the best at it anymore , predicted A for Maths & Further maths , should i be fine?
    I'd say it also depends on which university you apply to, though the courses across all universities often cover similar content, the pacing of the content is different.
    An A in Maths and Further Maths is pretty good, and will stand you in good stead.

A note of caution, maths at University is quite different from A-level, with more careful reasoning, and can require more effort to understand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joostan)
    I'd say it also depends on which university you apply to, though the courses across all universities often cover similar content, the pacing of the content is different.
    An A in Maths and Further Maths is pretty good, and will stand you in good stead.

A note of caution, maths at University is quite different from A-level, with more careful reasoning, and can require more effort to understand.
    Ahh okay thanks & i have put Leeds as my firm

ReputationRep:
    Ahh okay thanks & i have put Leeds as my firm
    I don't know a lot about Leeds, but a quick google search suggests nothing out of the ordinary except maybe the option to take non-related courses which is kind of cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joostan)

Joostan is correct in all of the above. Actually some people flourish more at university due to the freedom of their courses so you may do even better than you did at A-Level, I certainly did. Leeds maths course is pretty good and flexible and allows for you to transition into related fields if you decide to go onto postgraduate study, field such as fluid dynamics, planetary sciences, nano-systems, biological and more ..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.