Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

An International Student Wanting To Study in The UK (Guidance Please) watch

OK so i Always Wanted To do My Masters Abroad In international Banking And Finance. Now i have Also Chosen which colleges i will be going to The UK for studying. now the first step is for me to Pass THE IELTS exam. can anyone help me good sites so i can prepare for it online and then be ready to give the test and is IELTS Hard (i have done my schooling in English so Understanding,Speaking and Writing English Is no problem For me.

Btw I Am From India and is it too late to apply for colleges abroad now? all the courses anytime start in September and the college advises to at least submit my application one month before the session starts.

And now i know If i want to do MBA minimum of two years Experience or more is required but what about for masters in international Banking And Finance. anywhere in the UK??

Hi Avgguy,

I did my IELTS UKVI this year. There are plenty of youtube videos that will help you to prepare for the exams. Also you can google IELTS practice testsv and you can find mock papers to practice. I studied and got 7.5 band like this. As you already have a good knowledge of English, I don't think it will be hard. Listening would be much easy so try to score as much as possible. Answer for the question (eg: If they ask you to write not more than one word/number, then follow that. ). Check the spellings as wrong spellings are marked as incorrect. Practice speaking with some one else, so that you would be confident on the exam. For writing use new words wherever possible. Don't memorize any answers, as there is a high possibility you will struggle if you forget. Do Practice tests for reading also as they are not easy as they seem to be. But should be okay.

You can still apply for Universities and I guess you don't need work experience for any of the MSc. Even there are some uni s which offer MBA without work experience. Hope my reply is not too late. Cheers.
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.