Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Probably shouldnt've, but I answered my ex gf's text... Watch

ReputationRep:
    She asked for advice, I told her I couldn't give much (bla bla bla). I wanted to keep it casual.

She responds telling me thanks but that it was a bit too late because she was now somewhere else and "hope you're doing well".

I suppose these are just breadcrumbs right?

I'm not going to reply.

ReputationRep:
    Surely this would depend on the terms by which you broke up? I have known some people who **** up their lives by falling for an ex again... I have known some people who remain on good terms and stay as good friends after not talking to an ex for a short period of time and breaking up with them.

It depends on the terms of the break up and the relationship you have with them after the break-up I'd say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    Surely this would depend on the terms by which you broke up? I have known some people who **** up their lives by falling for an ex again... I have known some people who remain on good terms and stay as good friends after not talking to an ex for a short period of time and breaking up with them.

It depends on the terms of the break up and the relationship you have with them after the break-up I'd say.
    The break up itself was pretty bad. Lots of anger, crying from her, etc...

We did send a couple of texts over the period of a month following it, but for 10 months it has been radio silence, until she randomly sent me a message a few days ago asking for the advice.

I told her I didn't want to be friends when we broke up, and I stand by that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodgypirate)
    The break up itself was pretty bad. Lots of anger, crying from her, etc...

We did send a couple of texts over the period of a month following it, but for 10 months it has been radio silence, until she randomly sent me a message a few days ago asking for the advice.

I told her I didn't want to be friends when we broke up, and I stand by that.
    You know the answer yourself then good sir.

ReputationRep:
    You know the answer yourself then good sir.
    I do?

Sorry for seeming a bit dim, but I really don't. When she first got in contact I was very shocked. I didn't know what to do or what to think, but I replied nonetheless because I didn't want to be a ****.

I just don't know mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodgypirate)
    I do?

Sorry for seeming a bit dim, but I really don't. When she first got in contact I was very shocked. I didn't know what to do or what to think, but I replied nonetheless because I didn't want to be a ****.

I just don't know mate.
    A polite "I hope you're doing well yourself; but don't really care for learning the details of such" would probably be sufficient lol. But hey, I'm quite blunt...

But just don't allow yourself to fall back into deep conversation...

ReputationRep:
    A polite "I hope you're doing well yourself; but don't really care for learning the details of such" would probably be sufficient lol. But hey, I'm quite blunt...

But just don't allow yourself to fall back into deep conversation...
    Exactly this, really. I'm keeping it as casual as possible.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 27, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.