Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Z-Zinan)
    Yup another muslim i as a christian need to educate about their faith.

See in Islam, later verses as in verses that come after another are said to abrogate the earlier ones. Surah 9 was the last major verse revealed to muhammed and that's the one where he said fight those who do not believe in allah.

Abrogating the peaceful verses that came before it.

excuse me? All i asked you was to state the passage tyvm

ReputationRep:
    If Islam is to be praised for the good actions of its followers, ought it not also be criticised for the bad actions of its followers?

Pathetic regressives. :rolleyes:

PS. Your list is utter horseshit anyway. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AyeshaKhan)
    excuse me? All i asked you was to state the passage tyvm
    Read The 9th Surah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomb)
    So if Jesus was so peaceful then why does the old testament say that non believers should be killed?

That was all part of the Old law of moses, abolished with the coming of Christ.

Read Hebrews 8 : 1 - 13

ReputationRep:
    That was all part of the Old law of moses, abolished with the coming of Christ.

Read Hebrews 8 : 1 - 13
    I was going to ask you about that.What does Jesus teach us about the violence in the old testament?

ReputationRep:
    Read The 9th Surah.

which part seems to trouble you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomb)
    I was going to ask you about that.What does Jesus teach us about the violence in the old testament?

Jesus wasn't in human form in the Old testament.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AyeshaKhan)
    which part seems to trouble you?
    http://www.answeringmuslims.com/2012...se-who-do.html

ReputationRep:
    Jesus wasn't in human form in the Old testament.
    So what form was he in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomb)
    So what form was he in?

Spiritual, he only became a human in the new testament.

I think you need to read the Bible before we can continue.

ReputationRep:
    Spiritual, he only became a human in the new testament.

I think you need to read the Bible before we can continue.
    I was brought up atheist I once tried to read the bible but got so far as for the umpteenth time so and so lived for X amount of years and then I gave up.

(Original post by Multiculturalism)
    Islam invented:
    -Algebra
    -I.E.Ds
    -Suicide Vests
    -The Toothbrush
    -The Machete
    -The Guitar
    -Gas (nerve gas, not Calor)
    -The Lute
    -The Towel
    -The Dish Rag
    -Glasses
    -Hospitals

So on this day, remember to thank Muslims for all the above, and everything that resulted from the above
    Ironic that.

ReputationRep:

I am glad that u pointed that out. At that time Prophet Muhhamad (PBUH) was getting attacked by hostile forces and this was written at that time in that context.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a Muslim. I'm just a tolerant person. Its not all about you, either. The UK should treat all religions equally, but Christianity still gets pretty much all the holidays. Easter is a time for Christians to celebrate their God (the same God that Muslims celebrate), and to wish others, even non-Christians, well. Promoting this message, that Islamic culture is not all about terrorism, is not selfish.

And you British do; you constantly talk about the british empire as though it was the greatest force for good that ever existed...
    1."The UK should treat all religions equally, but Christianity gets pretty much all the holidays." You're in a country that a lot of Christians live in, which almost makes a "Christian country" of course there wouldn't be an official holiday for Muslims but that doesn't mean you can't celebrate it when it comes up.

Imagine going to any country that's denominated by Muslims and complaining about them not having an Official holiday for Christians, how stupid would that sound? And I doubt there would be many people who would tolerate you practicing your Christian beliefs.

2. "Easter is a time for Christians to celebrate their gods (the same god that Muslims celebrate)" So what's the problem if Muslims celebrate the same god? Why don't just celebrate it without complaining about it? Why mention it after "Christianity still gets pretty much all the holidays"

Curiously asking; What's the point of this post? We know not all Muslims are terrorist and In my opinion terrorist have no religion, so what's the point of post this thread saying "Islamic inventions"? (Even though they haven't invented what you listed)
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Eriasu)
    1."The UK should treat all religions equally, but Christianity gets pretty much all the holidays." You're in a country that a lot of Christians live in, which almost makes a "Christian country" of course there wouldn't be an official holiday for Muslims but that doesn't mean you can't celebrate it when it comes up.

Imagine going to any country that's denominated by Muslims and complaining about them not having an Official holiday for Christians, how stupid would that sound? And I doubt there would be many people who would tolerate you practicing your Christian beliefs.

2. "Easter is a time for Christians to celebrate their gods (the same god that Muslims celebrate)" So what's the problem if Muslims celebrate the same god? Why don't just celebrate it without complaining about it? Why mention it after "Christianity still gets pretty much all the holidays"

Curiously asking; What's the point of this post? We know not all Muslims are terrorist and In my opinion terrorist have no religion, so what's the point of post this thread saying "Islamic inventions"? (Even though they haven't invented what you listed)
    We aren't "almost" a Christian Country, we are a Christian Country, unless I missed the Act of Parliament disestablishing the CoE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    We aren't "almost" a Christian Country, we are a Christian Country, unless I missed the Act of Parliament disestablishing the CoE.
    Well if they did say that then ok.

ha white people aint made sheeeey

ReputationRep:
    Islam invented:
    -Algebra
    -The Toothbrush
    -The Guitar
    -The Lute
    -Glasses
    -Hospitals

So on this day, remember to thank Muslims for all the above, and everything that resulted from the above
    Islam is a set of ideas

It is incapable of inventing anything

Epic Dawha fail

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    Islam is a set of ideas

It is incapable of inventing anything

Epic Dawha fail
    Then by the same logic, it is incapable of causing terrorism!

ReputationRep:
    Then by the same logic, it is incapable of causing terrorism!
    It can however inspire those who follow it to commit terrorism

But yes Islam is incapable of committing terrorism and it is also incapable of inventing anything

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.