Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there everyone, can u please tell me if anyone has had a reply or offer for radiography from Derby university ?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, yes I got a conditional offer in late March

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, really pleased for you, it's only because nearly every university seems to be getting a mention on this forum. There appears to be very little discussion on prospective Derby applicants.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a current radiography student at Derby if you have any questions let me know

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I applied to radiography too. How do you like to standard of teaching? Also what is the accommodation and student life like in general like? I know Derby is a much smaller city to that of what I am used to, so is their much going on for students to engage in?

ReputationRep:
    There is plenty going for Derby in relation to its size... It's not the biggest night life but some clubs are really good... Plenty of sport and general societies to join... The teaching is great but it does require a lot of 9am starts
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    (Original post by Sabrina S.)
    Hey, I applied to radiography too. How do you like to standard of teaching? Also what is the accommodation and student life like in general like? I know Derby is a much smaller city to that of what I am used to, so is their much going on for students to engage in?
    Hi Sabrina Radiology sounds really interesting!

I saw that you were wondering about what there is to do in Derby and also the accommodation and I thought I'd let you know about us. We have a property in Derby called Roman House and it's really popular at the moment, all the bills are all inclusive so if you're just starting Uni it'd be easy and perfect for you! It also has a free on-site cinema and gym and common room so you'll always have things to do and people to talk to! It's a very social atmosphere! Why not take a look http://www.collegiate-ac.com/uk-stud...by/roman-house

Good luck for the future and well done in progressing your studies!

Amelia x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Callum Brady - Collegiate)
    Hi Sabrina Radiology sounds really interesting!

I saw that you were wondering about what there is to do in Derby and also the accommodation and I thought I'd let you know about us. We have a property in Derby called Roman House and it's really popular at the moment, all the bills are all inclusive so if you're just starting Uni it'd be easy and perfect for you! It also has a free on-site cinema and gym and common room so you'll always have things to do and people to talk to! It's a very social atmosphere! Why not take a look http://www.collegiate-ac.com/uk-stud...by/roman-house

Good luck for the future and well done in progressing your studies!

Amelia x
    Aww wow thank you so much Amelia. It looks really nice. Definitely considering it. Xx

ReputationRep:
    Hi, just had an unconditional offer to study diagnostic radiography at Derby uni 2016! 😁Are there any current students on here that are studying diagnostic radiography who could tell me approx how many days a week you do at uni/placement?? Thankyou

ReputationRep:
    It is around 3-5 days of uni and then when you go on placement it's blocks of 6 weeks working 5 days a week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moheed)
    It is around 3-5 days of uni and then when you go on placement it's blocks of 6 weeks working 5 days a week
    So is it unrealistic to have a part time job during the course? Even if it were 8hr contract?

ReputationRep:
    You can have a weekend job if your good with your organisation and get your work done

ReputationRep:
    You can have a weekend job if your good with your organisation and get your work done
    Hi there, can you give some more information on year 1, how difficult
    Is the course content? Do you have much studying to do during placement weeks and how often do you attend uni when not on placement. Are there any late starts or all early. What is the latest time u finish?

ReputationRep:
    It's not difficult it requires a lot of dedication as you don't really have as much free time compared to us other courses... You attend uni 4-5 days a week generally 9am starts some half days some full days and the latest you'll finish is 5!! You have either revision or an essay to write while on placement but it's manageable

ReputationRep:
    So what holidays do you get on the course? (If any) 🙁

I'm a current radiography student at Derby if you have any questions let me know
    I'm sorry I'm so late to the ball game but I'm applying for the MSc Diagnostic Radiography for 2017 start. I'm just wondering what you would say the hospital is like? Have you met anyone doing the MSc? Is it a huge trek from town to the university? Where would you recommend living for an older student?

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mb293)
    I'm sorry I'm so late to the ball game but I'm applying for the MSc Diagnostic Radiography for 2017 start. I'm just wondering what you would say the hospital is like? Have you met anyone doing the MSc? Is it a huge trek from town to the university? Where would you recommend living for an older student?

Thank you!
    Hi! Have you received an offer from Derby at all yet for the MSc course? I received an offer, however I was not told about the fees for the course until the offer was made, which has forced me to have to defer my entry by a year as there is no way I can afford £21,000 for the course :'(

ReputationRep:
    No it's no longer funded, it says on their website the fees are £10.5k a year.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.