Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I do plan to go to the dentist about this but as it's bank holiday I thought I would post this to see if anyone has experienced anything similar.

Yesterday I woke up with pain and pressure on one side of my face near my cheekbone, it got steadily worse for the rest of the day and my upper molars started to hurt too and have been fairly constantly aching since then. At first I thought it may be a sinus infection as I've had a cold lately and I have a bit of a pressure headache with it but it seems odd that it's just on one side and I don't really have a blocked nose. I noticed today that my upper jaw bone hurts when I open my mouth and my cheekbone hurts when I touch it too. I also have quite a few sores in my mouth but I'm not sure if that's connected.

Does this sound like a sinus infection or more likely something to do with my teeth
    and/or gums?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I do plan to go to the dentist about this but as it's bank holiday I thought I would post this to see if anyone has experienced anything similar.

Yesterday I woke up with pain and pressure on one side of my face near my cheekbone, it got steadily worse for the rest of the day and my upper molars started to hurt too and have been fairly constantly aching since then. At first I thought it may be a sinus infection as I've had a cold lately and I have a bit of a pressure headache with it but it seems odd that it's just on one side and I don't really have a blocked nose. I noticed today that my upper jaw bone hurts when I open my mouth and my cheekbone hurts when I touch it too. I also have quite a few sores in my mouth but I'm not sure if that's connected.

Does this sound like a sinus infection or more likely something to do with my teeth
    and/or gums?
    It could well be either, also what I immediately thought of was an ear infection- from personal experience these can cause huge pain/other problems in places you really wouldn't associate with them, including those. Your best bet is to try get a GP appointment tomorrow (and dentist if you're worried about teeth, it's probably worth seeing your GP first though), if it's really bad in the mean time try calling 111 or getting an out of hours appointment. Hope you feel better soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.