Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Which one would be the better one? Warwick Bath or KCL in a Masters in Accounting and Finance? I think they're quite close, but which would have a better name amongst employers?

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion WBS brand is stronger than both KCL and Bath. Warwick is a target school whilst Bath isn't, not sure about KCL. However KCL does have the location advantage if you're looking for London career opportunities.

What does your profile look like if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minerdigger)
    In my opinion WBS brand is stronger than both KCL and Bath. Warwick is a target school whilst Bath isn't, not sure about KCL. However KCL does have the location advantage if you're looking for London career opportunities.

What does your profile look like if you don't mind me asking?
    thanks for the advice. I'm not sure what do u mean by my profile. I'm an international student without much working experience. Graduating from the University of Edinburgh A&F and aim to stay in the UK after my masters to work in an accountancy firm.

ReputationRep:
    If money isn't an issue for you, you should definitely head to Warwick(since Warwick costs considerably more than the rest). Like the guy above me mentioned, Warwick is a target school so if you plan on entering the market after, it's in a good position for you to secure employment. KCL location has its perk since its in London but the lack of a proper business school is its downside. Imo, between the 3, Warwick is the clear choice.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't been hearing good things about KCL other than its location. Is the course itself not good? Or the business school is just not comparable to the rest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asdasdqeqe)
    I haven't been hearing good things about KCL other than its location. Is the course itself not good? Or the business school is just not comparable to the rest?
    Kings is a respected university, but as far as I know its not known for its business school. In my opinion, the brand of WBS is regarded higher than KCL and Bath. Can't comment on the course, personally.

ReputationRep:
    That's the only problem with KCL. It doesn't have a business school. Warwick is the clear choice, really..

Edit : referencing your first post, Warwick isn't even close to the other 2 schools. It's at least a tier above. It's sharing a spot with the likes of imperial (IBS has a stronger brand name though) but lower than the likes of lse and such.

ReputationRep:
    i managed to get an offer from the following schools and their courses and am more tending towards Kings. As for Kings, it's under the management school so if i were to choose it, would I lose out quite a bit as compared to Warwick?

Warwick : MSc Accounting and Finance
    Kings : MSc Accounting, Accountability and Financial Management

ReputationRep:
    i managed to get an offer from the following schools and their courses and am more tending towards Kings. As for Kings, it's under the management school so if i were to choose it, would I lose out quite a bit as compared to Warwick?

Warwick : MSc Accounting and Finance
    Kings : MSc Accounting, Accountability and Financial Management
    In my opinion, yes. You'd be better off going to Warwick. However, if you absolutely prefer the course in King's, then by all means, go to KCL. The school means nothing if you don't like the course and suffer through the year and end up doing badly.

ReputationRep:
    if money isn't an issue, WBS easily.

ReputationRep:
    Hi i have got the offers from bath school of management, bristol university, warwick business school and cass business school .I want to pursue masters in management. Being an international student I dont have much idea about universities and their overall ranking. Please help me in deciding the best university .Looking forward to hear from you soon

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.