Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I want to study medicine when I'm older and am in the process of choosing my GCSE options. Do you think this is a good range of options for my career?
    -Triple Science
    -History
    -Geography
    -Maths
    -English Literature
    -English Language
    -R:e
    -Welsh
    -Welsh Bac

ReputationRep:
    Your GCSEs won't have a massive impact on your career, so you don't need to worry too much, but for medicine yeah I'd definitely say Triple Science is a must because it will make it easier to take sciences at A-Level.

At this stage, keep your options open and pick subjects you're going to enjoy, otherwise you'll just get a bit stressed - and you might change your mind yet! I'm taking Geography and History and I would say that they're really fun, but a big step up and harder than you think they'll be (especially History, oh gosh History...) They're all quite academic but if you're up for it you should be fine

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StarbucksLife14)
    Hi, I want to study medicine when I'm older and am in the process of choosing my GCSE options. Do you think this is a good range of options for my career?
    -Triple Science
    -History
    -Geography
    -Maths
    -English Literature
    -English Language
    -R:e
    -Welsh
    -Welsh Bac
    Those are probably the "perfect" GCSE options for medicine.. But remember medicine is insanely competitive so if you could get a better grade in a different option but are scared to take it because it's 'soft, go for the one where you'll get the best result and enjoyment!
    whatever you do though , keep triple science!'

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.