Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Everything is haram, even water, even air

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alkaline.)
    I did correct myself in later a post.
    And I also said REbirth in the first post anyway.

Either way it's all bs. Jesus wasn't born on 25th December either Lolz.
    He can't have been born on December 25th. That's just ridiculously coincidental. I think the early Christian fathers just decided to say that Jesus was born on December 25th because it would be easy to remember as it's the same day as Christmas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by champ_mc99)
    Wtf is easter exactly? I heard some people think Jesus was born in spring rather than in december so is it like a second Christmas?
    No Christmas is about the birth of Jesus and Easter is about the death of Jesus on the cross and his arisen 3 days later

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    He can't have been born on December 25th. That's just ridiculously coincidental. I think the early Christian fathers just decided to say that Jesus was born on December 25th because it would be easy to remember as it's the same day as Christmas.
    I thought Christmas WAS Jesus' birth so are you saying christmas was around before Christianity? What event was Christmas before it was labelled his birth (that it would be easy to remember) ?

I'm confused.

It's celebrating Jesus' death and resurrection, not his birth. It's not Christmas.
    Rebirth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tootles)
    Rebirth.
    Not REbirth but Resurrection

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gagafacea1)
    Why is celebrating easter Haram? Where does it say that in the Quran? Provide evidence please.
    Well first of all, Why do Christians celebrate Easter?
    Many Christians celebrate Easter on Sunday as the day of Jesus Christ's resurrection, which is written in the New Testament of the Christian bible.

So do we as Muslims believe that Prophet Jesus (A.S) died? Nope!
    We believe that he was raised to Heaven without being put on the cross and that God transformed another person to appear exactly like Jesus (A.S) who was crucified instead of Jesus (A.S).

So it's obviously haram to celebrate Easter because we don't even believe that Jesus (A.S) died in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alkaline.)
    I thought Christmas WAS Jesus' birth so are you saying christmas was around before Christianity? What event was Christmas before it was labelled his birth (that it would be easy to remember) ?

I'm confused.
    We celebrate CHRISTMAS because it's about Jesus birth -.-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    You posted/said the thing you were quoting, aye. This does not mean you necessarily hold those views yourself but the way you presented it made it sound like a fairly firm proclamation either way. Are you now saying you reject these views?

Sure, sure..

Feel free to provide examples

Way to close down criticism of Islam, by threatening people. We will not be cowed by threats amigo, we will never submit to retrograde ideologies and bully boys who hide behind keyboards :yy:

Heh, dunno what kinda Easter Eggs you've been eating fam:mute:
    Lol stop trying to impose view by your stupid use of language. Where did I mention my views on it? I pointed out how u tried to manipulate comments which we made by taking them out of context and implying we specifically said them things. No I quoted, I didn't say that I never structured them words and put forward them statements I just quoted them for perspective for the people I was having a discussion with. And so what if I do believe in it, what is that to you? You are trying to ridicule people for not believing that they should take part in buying Easter eggs? Why do you seem to have a problem with people not buying chocolate shaped eggs?
    If I don't feel that it is okay for me to take part in a Christian festival by buying symbolic items then so what? It's reasonable and has logic so I don't get your problem.

(Original post by PlayerBB)
    Not REbirth but Resurrection
    I know. I was just emphasizing what had been misquoted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FluffyCherry)
    God transformed another person to appear exactly like Jesus (A.S) who was crucified instead of Jesus (A.S).
    This is simply vomit worthy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tootles)
    I know. I was just emphasizing what had been misquoted.
    Oh sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlayerBB)
    We celebrate CHRISTMAS because it's about Jesus birth -.-
    I know. I was just out for a Sunday morning troll!

ReputationRep:
    We don't give a toss what you believe.

It's Easter Sunday - the holiest day in the Christian calendar. Can we Christians not have just ONE day without a Muslim like you butting in and telling us what your religion teaches?
    Was I even talking to you?
    Someone just asked me why is it haram to celebrate Easter so I answered her back? What the hell is your problem?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnknownRoyalist)
    Foo.mp3 I'd provide examples but you very well know that you reported the post in question
    No idea which post you're referring to, sorry (you wouldn't be the first/won't be the last person to try to troll me)

Why don't you, a 30 something year old man
    What has my age got to do with anything?

(Original post by champ_mc99)
    Wtf is easter exactly?
    Today is a day for everyone to celebrate the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ and the start of Eastertide*
    As above champ_mc99 :yy:

(Original post by Squishy•)
    I just quoted them for perspective for the people I was having a discussion with
    For the second time: Are you now saying you reject these views?

so what if I do believe in it, what is that to you?
    Depends where you're based and the extent to which that sort of divisive attitude pervades other areas of your psyche/life

ReputationRep:
    I know. I was just out for a Sunday morning troll!
    Oh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nettled)
    A quick google search shows that Tootles is in fact in Peter Pan :awesome:
    So why did he refer to Avatar then?

ReputationRep:
    No idea which post you're referring to, sorry (you wouldn't be the first/won't be the last person to try to troll me)

What has my age got to do with anything?

As above champ_mc99 :yy:

For the second time: Are you now saying you reject these views?

Depends where you're based and the extent to which that sort of divisive attitude pervades other areas of your psyche/life
    Yeah, divisive... Of course. By not buying a chocolate shaped egg because of this symbolic relevance. How about you gently take your pretty head out of your delicate bottom and stop being a silly boy, okay?? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymoùs)
    So why did he refer to Avatar then?
    He was referring to that square picture to your right. You might refer to it as diplay picture (dp)? Idk it has quite a few different names.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nettled)
    He was referring to that square picture to your right. You might refer to it as diplay picture (dp)? Idk it has quite a few different names.
    Well Im posting as a guest so I cannot actually have one. Cant be arsed to sign up just for that.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.