Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy•)
    Yeah, divisive...
    For the third time: Are you now saying you reject these views?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymoùs)
    Well Im posting as a guest so I cannot actually have one. Cant be arsed to sign up just for that.
    Ooh I never knew you could be a guest on here. Can you still send PM's? Signing up doesn't take too long although the TSR emails are quite annoying. I'm sure there's a setting somewhere but I'm too lazy to change it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nettled)
    Ooh I never knew you could be a guest on here. Can you still send PM's? Signing up doesn't take too long although the TSR emails are quite annoying. I'm sure there's a setting somewhere but I'm too lazy to change it.

Not sure I never tried.

There should be a universal account which you could use on all forums. Would be handy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymoùs)
    Not sure I never tried.

There should be a universal account which you could use on all forums. Would be handy.
    I only use this forum. Which other ones do you use?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    for the 500th time: Where have i mentioned my views? i literally said in the other comment about how i pointed out your stupid use of language to suggest we are implying something which we aren't.
    I never said i accepted those views in the first place so why say "now" implying that i mentioned something previously. I'm purposefully not answering you because of your manipulative language.

ReputationRep:
    Your friend is funny

ReputationRep:
    I only use this forum. Which other ones do you use?
    My most frequented forums would be:

stargazers lounge
    cat sanctuary club
    student room (obv)
    reddit
    plenty of fishing
    lots of joke

plus a few foren language ones too.

ReputationRep:
    The irony in him attacking you for misrepresenting his views then refusing to distance himself from those views.

Ooh I never knew you could be a guest on here.
    You can't (post as a guest). Why are you so gullible?

ReputationRep:
    NOT EVERYTHING is HARAM
    GOSH

ReputationRep:
    Never had an Easter egg I feel fat just looking at one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FluffyCherry)
    Well first of all, Why do Christians celebrate Easter?
    Many Christians celebrate Easter on Sunday as the day of Jesus Christ's resurrection, which is written in the New Testament of the Christian bible.

So do we as Muslims believe that Prophet Jesus (A.S) died? Nope!
    We believe that he was raised to Heaven without being put on the cross and that God transformed another person to appear exactly like Jesus (A.S) who was crucified instead of Jesus (A.S).

So it's obviously haram to celebrate Easter because we don't even believe that Jesus (A.S) died in the first place.
    That's nice and all, but you still haven't supplied me with something tangible. God is real, and his words are what's important, not yours! Therefore, until you give me his words, i.e. a verse from the Quran, that forbids muslims from celebrating other people's holidays; I cannot agree with or condone your fatwas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlayerBB)
    No Christmas is about the birth of Jesus and Easter is about the death of Jesus on the cross and his arisen 3 days later
    As above champ_mc99 :yy:
    Ahh right cool. But the thing about Jesus being born in Spring was a decent explanation.
    Where do the eggs and bunnies come in or are they some random man-made characters to make the festival more lively like Santa?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gagafacea1)
    That's nice and all, but you still haven't supplied me with something tangible. God is real, and his words are what's important, not yours! Therefore, until you give me his words, i.e. a verse from the Quran, that forbids muslims from celebrating other people's holidays; I cannot agree with or condone your fatwas.
    Wow, are you for real though?
    Like I just made it SO CLEAR to why we don't celebrate Easter and now you're like show me a verse?
    You're definitely a troll!! :colonhash:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gagafacea1)
    Are you looking for an exact verse in the quran that says 'don't celebrate easter it's haram?' Celebrating the resurrection of a man who is also believed to be God himself is a major shirk. A 3 years old can put that together.

ReputationRep:
    LOOOOL PLEASE.

I'm Muslim, easter eggs are just chocolates, unless you gave it to your mate by saying "Happy Easter" then okay its understandable.
    Or maybe because the easter egg you gave had gelatine in it?

Overall, easter eggs are not haraam, and can be eaten LOL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mentally)
    Are you looking for an exact verse in the quran that says 'don't celebrate easter it's haram?' Celebrating the resurrection of a man who is also believed to be God himself is a major shirk. A 3 years old can put that together.
    Exactly..

I just don't know why he's struggling to comprehend what I just said ..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GreenNinjaa)
    LOOOOL PLEASE.

I'm Muslim, easter eggs are just chocolates, unless you gave it to your mate by saying "Happy Easter" then okay its understandable.
    Or maybe because the easter egg you gave had gelatine in it?

Overall, easter eggs are not haraam, and can be eaten LOL.
    Just because someone wishes you a good Easter, doesn't mean you are being Haram.

If during Ramadan someone encouraged you during your fast, even though they're not Muslim it wouldn't make them any less genuine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy•)
    I'm purposefully not answering you because of your manipulative language
    That you refuse to answer speaks volumes. Guess I have my answer!

(Original post by Christ Redeems)
    The irony in him attacking you for misrepresenting his views then refusing to distance himself from those views
    IKR? :facepalm2:

(Original post by champ_mc99)
    Where do the eggs and bunnies come in or are they some random man-made characters to make the festival more lively like Santa?
    The egg represents the empty tomb from whence our Lord Jesus Christ emerged, resurrected

(Original post by GreenNinjaa)
    unless you gave it to your mate by saying "Happy Easter"
    Heaven forbid such an act of fraternity/cultural respect and assimilation! :woo:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Well Easter is a christian holiday and the eggs are a pagan tradition (norse I believe). That might be why, I don't know of anyone that is that strict about it.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.