Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Do non-Muslims really spend their time hanging out in the Islam society waiting to find something that offends them?? lmfao

ReputationRep:
    your friend was probably playing you lmao

ReputationRep:
    Is sex before marriage haram because I know loads of Musllim girls who are sexually active.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by champ_mc99)
    Ahh right cool. But the thing about Jesus being born in Spring was a decent explanation.
    Where do the eggs and bunnies come in or are they some random man-made characters to make the festival more lively like Santa?
    as Foo.mp3 said, the easter eggs represent the tomb from where our Lord Jesus has arisen from. Some people use color eggs, others use chocolate eggs, and there is bunny decorations, this is all about tradition and decorations. In Christmas, Santa decorations are used, because the saint Santa used to distribute gifts for children in every Christmas in the past so they made some decorations about him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karl pilkington)
    Is sex before marriage haram because I know loads of Musllim girls who are sexually active.
    Yeah, It's even haram in Christianity but you'll find many Christians who have sex before marriage

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FluffyCherry)
    Wow, are you for real though?
    Like I just made it SO CLEAR to why we don't celebrate Easter and now you're like show me a verse?
    You're definitely a troll!! :colonhash:
    (Original post by Mentally)
    Are you looking for an exact verse in the quran that says 'don't celebrate easter it's haram?' Celebrating the resurrection of a man who is also believed to be God himself is a major shirk. A 3 years old can put that together.
    Okay but you don't have to believe in all of that to celebrate easter, christmas, or any other holiday. Putting up a tree on Christmas or hiding eggs on easter doesn't mean you believe that Jesus was crucified, there is no correlation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlayerBB)
    as Foo.mp3 said, the easter eggs represent the tomb from where our Lord Jesus has arisen from. Some people use color eggs, others use chocolate eggs, and there is bunny decorations, this is all about tradition and decorations. In Christmas, Santa decorations are used, because the saint Santa used to distribute gifts for children in every Christmas in the past so they made some decorations about him
    Oooh I didn't know you were christian - that's pretty cool

ReputationRep:
    Saint Santa used to distribute gifts for children in every Christmas in the past so they made some decorations about him
    This tickled me :mmm:

Spoiler:
    Show
    'Santa' is an Americanism relating to Dutch-American recognition of Saint Nicholas and the medieval English adaptation of traditional (pre-Christian) folkloric midwinter celebrations to incorporate a personified (king or father of) Christmas i.e. modern day 'Father Christmas'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Oooh I didn't know you were christian - that's pretty cool
    A lot of people don't haha - And thank you

ReputationRep:
    Easter eggs are not haram in itself. Actions are based upon intentions if your intention is to celebrate easter then eating easter eggs is haram . But if you just want to eat the chocolate thats fine . Its like buying a car if your intention is to to show off to people that u have alot of money thats haram but the car itself is not haram. If your intention is not to show off then its not haram. Since choclates in itself is not haram therefore easter eggs are allowed to eat providing your intention is not to celebrate easter.

Actions are based upon intentions according to the Islamic sources.

ReputationRep:
    What about the bunnies?

ReputationRep:
    What about the bunnies?
    They represent all the sins we can commit now that Jesus died for us :yy:

ReputationRep:
    What about the bunnies?
    It's just a tradition, in the past is when the first story about a rabbit laying eggs and hiding them in a garden was published, it's originated from German lutherans and then after that, people started decorating bunnies in Easter

ReputationRep:
    It's just a tradition, in the past is when the first story about a rabbit laying eggs and hiding them in a garden was published, it's originated from German lutherans and then after that, people started decorating bunnies in Easter
    Ahh right. A bit of fun. Even though rabbits can't lay eggs

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.