x Turn on thread page Beta

Human geography and environment at university of york watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applied for this for 2016 entry x
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    It's been a while since you posted and nobody has replied, so you should consider using the search function to find the answers you're looking for instead. Also look in the University of York forum and look in the big applicants thread.

ReputationRep:
    I have however I'm torn between Sheffield, York and Hull. Not sure where to pick...

ReputationRep:
    Based on my knowledge of the universitys, York is number 17 in the university rankings, compared to sheffield which is 27, and Hull - 63. Sheffield the biggeset university with 26,000 students while York15,000 students, and hull has 15,000. York and Sheffield are both russel groups and Hull is not. I would personally choose york, I have been to sheffield a number of times and visted the city and uni of york and i personally thought york was much nicer. Hope this helps a bit xx

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking of putting York down as my firm choice as it is a nice campus and the geography course looks really good! Then putting Hull as my insurance. Thank you, that did help. I didn't realise Sheffield had so many students!xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauraaa898)
    I was thinking of putting York down as my firm choice as it is a nice campus and the geography course looks really good! Then putting Hull as my insurance. Thank you, that did help. I didn't realise Sheffield had so many students!xx
    Im doing geography too (human geography and environment)!
    I love york but getting AAB could be difficult.. haha xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LucyH123)
    Im doing geography too (human geography and environment)!
    I love york but getting AAB could be difficult.. haha xx
    I've applied to do environmental geography but I need to get ABB! And I'm sure you'll do it! What A levels are you doing now? (If you don't mind me asking haha) but York is such a nice city xx

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to do environmental geography but I need to get ABB! And I'm sure you'll do it! What A levels are you doing now? (If you don't mind me asking haha) but York is such a nice city xx
    Would it be okay to talk on facebook as my studentroom isnt working very well? xx

dont worry if not x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LucyH123)
    Would it be okay to talk on facebook as my studentroom isnt working very well? xx
    Yeah sure! shall I PM you on here about it?xx

ReputationRep:
    Yeah sure! shall I PM you on here about it?xx
    yes course xx

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 30, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.