Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Vennec)
    What's up guys?

Just hoping to get some pointers from you bikers out there.

I plan on learning how to ride while I'm at Uni (Derby). I know which school I want to go to and all that but I have a few questions. If you guys could start your posts with how long you've been riding and what you started on, that'd be brill.

What sites or groups do you know of that have quality maintenance advice for beginners? Blogs, articles or videos -- even courses would be great.

I'm also looking to invest in a decent helmet camera and microphone. Not to ride with, I don't plan on vlogging yet, but I'm looking into documenting my journey on L plates.

Also, are riders often targeted by insurance scammers? (I.e. crash for cash)

Thanks, and Happy Easter.
    comming up to 7 years riding, ive had
    1998 Yamaha SR125 for a year
    1988 Honda Bros 400 for two years
    1998 Yamaha Fazer FZS600 for two years
    i now ride a 2001 Suzuki DRZ400s and a 2005 Suzuki SV1000s.

for maintenance with the help of a Haynes manual and forums you can learn most of what you need. some places run course to teach maintenance, the only one i know is the OMC in london (but there are others)

for cameras, the only one that i can find that lets you plug a mic into it is drift cameras.
    The SJ4000 cameras are go pro copys and are surprisingly good, but still no external mic, or get a small camera that fits in your helmet (theres one thats only about 30x10x10mm not sure quality though, seems ok)
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.