The Student Room Group

Fascists March in Brussels

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Multiculturalism
I can see some of them doing Nazi salutes. Please tell me how they are NOT neo nazis?

I see no Nazi salutes. Some of them simply have their hands in the air.

Why should I tell you why they are not neo nazis? You made the claim, it is for you to prove it.
Reply 21
Original post by Phoebe Buffay
A triple negative, you must try harder.

As for myself, OP called them Neo-Nazis, and cited the Telegraph article. I simply asked where in the article he had deduced they were Neo-nazis

I called you a troll not because you have a different from me but because you have failed to give any evidence for your substantial claims, after me asking you twice. After that, why would I take what you have to say seriously?

Unfortunately I can't give you a rep for this post because I just repped another, so I'll just applaud your response instead.

:congrats:
Original post by Thomb
So in your book the far right aren't facist or neo nazis?

No.

You need to work on your powers of logical deduction. I think you can say that fascists and neo nazis are far right, but you cannot say that all people on the (far) right are fascists or neo nazis.

The terms 'fascism' and 'neo nazism' have historical connotations.

And besides, you would be hard pressed to show these people are 'far right'.
Reply 23
Quick to monopolise on the tragedy, neo-Nazis stage an "anti-ISIL march", but were thankfully pushed out by police with water cannons

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/belgium/12205225/Brussels-terror-attacks-nuclear-arrests-suspects-isil-latest.html

Any comment fascists??

I hope to see more of these sorts of protests going forward.
Original post by Vennec
Unfortunately I can't give you a rep for this post because I just repped another, so I'll just applaud your response instead.

:congrats:

Well thank you. Although it feels like a losing battle...these people will never learn.
Reply 25
I see no Nazi salutes. Some of them simply have their hands in the air.

Why should I tell you why they are not neo nazis? You made the claim, it is for you to prove it.

So what in your book are they? (In denial conservative christian fundamentalists I expect?)
Reply 26
Well thank you. Although it feels like a losing battle...these people will never learn.

Learn what?
Reply 27

Yes, it is unfortunate. But they do make themselves look daft so hopefully fewer people will take what they have to say seriously.
Original post by Thomb
So what in your book are they? (In denial conservative christian fundamentalists I expect?)

You can't ascertain the political leanings of a group of people who attend an 'anti-isil' march. I should think everybody is anti-isil whether on the left or right.

They are simply protesters.

Why would I say they are Christian? People of all religions can be against ISIL. And fundamentalists? Please consult a dictionary.
Original post by Thomb
Learn what?

That being against mass immigration, or ISIL, or having reservations about refugees is neither fascist nor neo-nazi, but a legitimate political position.
Reply 30
You can't ascertain the political leanings of a group of people who attend an 'anti-isil' march. I should think everybody is anti-isil whether on the left or right.

They are simply protesters.

Why would I say they are Christian? People of all religions can be against ISIL. And fundamentalists? Please consult a dictionary.

The point is that some of the protestors were far right racists and you're in denial of them even existing that's why I thought you were probably a conservative fundamentalist christian.
Reply 31
That being against mass immigration, or ISIL, or having reservations about refugees is neither fascist nor neo-nazi, but a legitimate political position.

What reservations do you have about refugees?
Reply 32
This is the go-to insult of you people when you come across a different opinion; "you must be trolling", along with "you are a terrorist apologist" or "you are a Muslim" (which shouldn't even be an insult)

I'm not stupid. This section is much further to the right than Chat, for example, and I hope to get more people in TSR interested in this section so that its more moderate, rather than a "no-go" area for moderates.

To this end, I made a thread in Chat: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3976395

I guess we all have our favorite to to insults then. For example, people like you use "fascist" or "neo-Nazi" ad nauseum, normally in the hope of shutting down any dialogue or debate. It's a common tactic among the left.
Reply 33
Original post by Thomb

They should be put on reservations.
Could you please explain, with evidence, why you are describing these people as 'neo-nazis' and 'fascists'. Because I looked at the article you gave, and see nothing of the sort.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35907469

Nazi salutes and anti-immigrant chants.
Reply 35
Original post by Howard
They should be put on reservations.

What like the native indians of america are?
Original post by Thomb
The point is that some of the protestors were far right racists and you're in denial of them even existing that's why I thought you were probably a conservative fundamentalist christian.

Again we have the same problem. You are stating as fact that some of them were 'far right racists' without evidence. I am simply asking for evidence. That is not necessarily Christian, nor conservative.

Original post by Thomb

Oh a few.

1) That a not insignificant proportion claiming to be refugees may not be refugees. but economic migrants.

2) That many people seeking refugee status do not have any documentation, and so it's very difficult to detect if they could pose a security risk.

3) That the volume of people entering Europe is so vast that it will be very difficult to integrate these people into our societies. This is particularly acute considering many come from countries that are so culturally unlike our own.
Reply 37

Being a fascist is also a legitimate political position. I've no doubt that these protesters come from a pretty broad tent. Anybody from those who are just genuinely opposed and concerned about further third world immigration to right wing neo-Nazi skins. So what? It's a free country (for the moment).
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 38
Original post by Howard
I guess we all have our favorite to to insults then. For example, people like you use "fascist" or "neo-Nazi" ad nauseum, normally in the hope of shutting down any dialogue or debate. It's a common tactic among the left.

So you admit that the far right wing neo nazis facist group were there but not to blame for what the police did to the left wing protestors as a direct result of the far right degenerate racist inferior homophobic etc etc views that people in denial and sympathise by taking their side stand with aren't trying to silence other right on people? LoL I just don't know where it comes from sometimes. Oh yeah it comes from putting up with islamophbes who think people should be in Guantanamo Bay. :colondollar: U
Original post by Howard
Being a fascist is also a legal legitimate position. I've no doubt that these protesters come from a pretty broad tent. Anybody from those who are just genuinely opposed and concerned about further third world immigration to right wing neo-Nazi skins. So what? It's a free country (for the moment).

This is true of course. Although it's very difficult for a fascist to be taken seriously. It's why it is used as a slur on all people against these things.

Original post by Frank Underwood
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35907469

Nazi salutes and anti-immigrant chants.

I'm not quite sure that doing a Nazi salute makes you a neo nazi. By definition, just look at the definition.

As for anti-immigration chants? Well what is wrong with that?

Quick Reply

Latest