Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've been working at Tesco's for a while, but I've been offered another job that is closer and has better hours. Not only that, I've been forced to act as a cleaner and I'm not provided with the actual equipment. I'm leaving work with my hands dry and I'm just wondering why I'm doing this when it's not even in my job description.

I was curious how I can apply for another job and still be able to get and use my current employer as a reference.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Chrollo-Lucilfer)
    I've been working at Tesco's for a while, but I've been offered another job that is closer and has better hours. Not only that, I've been forced to act as a cleaner and I'm not provided with the actual equipment. I'm leaving work with my hands dry and I'm just wondering why I'm doing this when it's not even in my job description.

I was curious how I can apply for another job and still be able to get and use my current employer as a reference.
    When you get offered another job, they will ask your current/most recent job for a reference.
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Chrollo-Lucilfer)
    Unless you are directly asked, you don't give referee details in a CV. If the employer asks for referee details before they make an offer, then you usually ask that your current employer isn't contacted without checking with you first. That's perfectly normal and everyone understands why.
    • So don't give referee details until asked
    • If asked during the application process then ask that your current employer is not contacted without asking you first
    • If you are asked once you have been given a verbal offer, that's the time you have to talk to your current employer anyway

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.