Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    So I have pretty dismal GCSE results due to a medical problem meaning my attendance was less than 50% however it was solved and now I'm doing well at A2.
    I go to a comprehensive school and wondered my chances of still getting into Oxbridge to study Fine Art with these prior results and my chosen A level subjects
    AS
    Art-A
    Photography-A
    English Literature-A
    A2 predicted:
    Art-A*
    Photography-A
    English Liturature-A

Planning to do an art foundation next year as well.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Artiskwl)
    Hi,
    So I have pretty dismal GCSE results due to a medical problem meaning my attendance was less than 50% however it was solved and now I'm doing well at A2.
    I go to a comprehensive school and wondered my chances of still getting into Oxbridge to study Fine Art with these prior results and my chosen A level subjects
    AS
    Art-A
    Photography-A
    English Literature-A
    A2 predicted:
    Art-A*
    Photography-A
    English Liturature-A

Thanks
    Oxford's Fine Art degree wants AAA at A Level as a starting point, so all good there.

As for GCSEs, they will take into account mitigating circumstances - hopefully your school referee could give supporting details and follow up what you say in your PS:

If you feel that you did less well in your GCSEs than you might otherwise have done, for good reason, then you may still be able to make a competitive application. Examples would include disruption caused by change of school or system, severe discontinuity of teachers, bereavement, and debilitating illness. We take care to treat each application individually and would always take such mitigating circumstances into account, if they are brought to our attention. You may like to mention any such circumstances in your personal statement, and your referee should make sure to mention them clearly in their reference.

Tutors will want to see how you improve your academic performance after your GCSEs and that you do well in your A-levels or other equivalent qualifications.
    https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/unde...rements?wssl=1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Artiskwl)
    Hi,
    AS
    Art-A
    Photography-A
    English Literature-A
    A2 predicted:
    Art-A*
    Photography-A
    English Liturature-A

Thanks
    Apply and find out, you get 5 choices so you should!

I applied for history, expecting to be rejected and ended up getting a place this year.

so by all means, apply and try your best

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.