Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I will start a course in 2016/2017 at the Uni of Warwick and I was wondering what accommodation I should choose between Cryfield and Whitefields. Can anybody give a list of pros and cons or a summary of their personal experience in those places? Much appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    Cryfield is, over the whole year, cheaper and the facilities are generally better. However, at Cryfield you have to take most of your stuff home at Christmas/Easter (there is a suitcase-size cupboard you can keep some things in, and I believe there's a storage room for international student, many students also leave things in friend's rooms), whilst at Whitefields you don't have to do this. In terms of location there is basically no meaningful difference. So really it comes down to whether you would be using the accommodation over the holidays and whether you consider the ~£700 saved and slightly better facilities to be worth having to pack each time/move out by a certain time (10am) on the Saturday after the last day of term.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CluffyUno)
    Cryfield is, over the whole year, cheaper and the facilities are generally better. However, at Cryfield you have to take most of your stuff home at Christmas/Easter (there is a suitcase-size cupboard you can keep some things in, and I believe there's a storage room for international student, many students also leave things in friend's rooms), whilst at Whitefields you don't have to do this. In terms of location there is basically no meaningful difference. So really it comes down to whether you would be using the accommodation over the holidays and whether you consider the ~£700 saved and slightly better facilities to be worth having to pack each time/move out by a certain time (10am) on the Saturday after the last day of term.
    And what about the people in those places, what's the general atmoshpere?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by PapaBearRo)
    And what about the people in those places, what's the general atmoshpere?
    Will vary year on year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Indeed, resident tutors will try to assign you to the block/flat which they feel will suit you best based on your statement form thingy.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
  2. University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.