Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i really want to buy a wii u because i want to play legend of zelda twilight princess. I enjoy nintendo games like mario kart but the problem is i'm not the kind of person that sits down with other people to game and i feel like the wii u is especially for people who like to have their friends round and play. I also feel a lot of nintendos games need to be played with friends to be fully enjoyable. Seeing as i don't play with friends at home, is there much point in me buying a wii u?

ReputationRep:
    I think it's worth it to buy one. I game alone mostly and there are plenty of excellent titles on the Wii U. For games like Mario Kart, I just play online multiplayer, same with Splatoon/Super Smash Bros/Super Mario Maker. There are lots of great offline single player titles too; Xenoblade Chornicles X, Super Mario 3d World, LoZ: Wind waker/Twilight Princess, Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze.

Lots of good older titles available on the virtual console from Wii/N64/SNES. Also there is a new Zelda and Star Fox game coming out this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luhar)
    I think it's worth it to buy one. I game alone mostly and there are plenty of excellent titles on the Wii U. For games like Mario Kart, I just play online multiplayer, same with Splatoon/Super Smash Bros/Super Mario Maker. There are lots of great offline single player titles too; Xenoblade Chornicles X, Super Mario 3d World, LoZ: Wind waker/Twilight Princess, Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze.

Lots of good older titles available on the virtual console from Wii/N64/SNES. Also there is a new Zelda and Star Fox game coming out this year.
    cool i think i'm gonna get one, thank you!

ReputationRep:
    lol wut

ReputationRep:
    Not right now, I'd wait until the inevitable price drop once the Nintendo starts hyping the NX.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Well, if you like Nintendo games such as Mario, Zelda etc, then you should buy it I guess.

ReputationRep:
    I've had fun playing Mario Kart, Smash Bros. etc. on their own. The Wii U's games are most certainly not multiplayer-centric anyway.

ReputationRep:
    if you got the money lying around, sure. The Wii U offers a nice range of exclusives that can't be found on the other two systems. I would however wait until E3 to see what Nintendo has in store.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Articultr)
    i really want to buy a wii u because i want to play legend of zelda twilight princess. I enjoy nintendo games like mario kart but the problem is i'm not the kind of person that sits down with other people to game and i feel like the wii u is especially for people who like to have their friends round and play. I also feel a lot of nintendos games need to be played with friends to be fully enjoyable. Seeing as i don't play with friends at home, is there much point in me buying a wii u?
    Wait and get an nx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No way, unless you find one for really good price. It was a failure for Nintendo and it's not being supported anymore. They'll be unveiling their next console soon.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.