Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Right so I've been with this boy for 9 days short of a year now but we were pretty good friends for a few months before that. We're both 17 and I'm nearly 18 but sometimes it feels like he's 12 years old and with us both going to uni in September I'm wondering if it's even worth holding out till then. ..

Examples :
    1) just 5 minutes ago (might i add this is the first time I spoke to him today as I've been at work ) he blocked me on Facebook aftera cheerful last message of 'f*ck off so annoying ' after i simply pointed out that something he said was a blatant lie. He blocks me on Facebook quite often or just straight out ignores me

2) he often tells me he's 'going for a nap ' or 'going to revise ' then I'll see he's on his f*cking Playstation. Why lie when I'm not arsed

3) he has in the past *****ed about me to my best friend (who obviously relayed the comments back to me... stupid boy)

4) he told me he loved me then basically took it back as he said i 'care too much about him now '

5) always finding excuses to not go into work or college

6) asks to see me then will proceed to play on his PS4 for 4 hours in my presence claiming there is 'nothing to do' even though I CAN DRIVE and he lives 10 MINUTES away from a major city

7) constantly *****ing about spending money even though he's rich

8) will not let me show any signs of weakness or emotions, or in his words 'being a p*ssy'

9) makes me drive him around everywhere but will not take driving lessons and moans incessantly when i make him pay for petrol

10) is basically helpless and a sloth

SO even though i can easily name all these bad things about him, I'm still stuck on what to do cos i do actually (sometimes ) love him but this is my 1st relationship so i don't know whether or not it's completely f*cked.

Please help
    Thanks
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Right so I've been with this boy for 9 days short of a year now but we were pretty good friends for a few months before that. We're both 17 and I'm nearly 18 but sometimes it feels like he's 12 years old and with us both going to uni in September I'm wondering if it's even worth holding out till then. ..

Examples :
    1) just 5 minutes ago (might i add this is the first time I spoke to him today as I've been at work ) he blocked me on Facebook aftera cheerful last message of 'f*ck off so annoying ' after i simply pointed out that something he said was a blatant lie. He blocks me on Facebook quite often or just straight out ignores me

2) he often tells me he's 'going for a nap ' or 'going to revise ' then I'll see he's on his f*cking Playstation. Why lie when I'm not arsed

3) he has in the past *****ed about me to my best friend (who obviously relayed the comments back to me... stupid boy)

4) he told me he loved me then basically took it back as he said i 'care too much about him now '

6) asks to see me then will proceed to play on his PS4 for 4 hours in my presence claiming there is 'nothing to do' even though I CAN DRIVE and he lives 10 MINUTES away from a major city

8) will not let me show any signs of weakness or emotions, or in his words 'being a p*ssy'

9) makes me drive him around everywhere but will not take driving lessons and moans incessantly when i make him pay for petrol

SO even though i can easily name all these bad things about him, I'm still stuck on what to do cos i do actually (sometimes ) love him but this is my 1st relationship so i don't know whether or not it's completely f*cked.

Please help
    Thanks
    Sounds like an awful boyfriend, get rid of him you don't deserve to be treated like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Sounds like an awful boyfriend, get rid of him you don't deserve to be treated like that.
    Seconded.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Examples :

Please help
    Thanks
    Usually I don't automatically suggest you dump them like everyone else on here does, but this guy sounds like an absolute tool. Definitely dump him if you want your sanity.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    I agree with this. Sounds like a deadbeat boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    You only 'love' him because of powerful chemicals in the brain.

Be rational and dump him.

ReputationRep:
    When you dump him, he'll realise how you feel.

why are you with him???

ReputationRep:
    Honestly don't get how girls stay in relationships with some guys.

Is it just cause girls want to have a boyfriend?

ReputationRep:
    Drop him. He's not worth your time, and he doesn't deserve your affections.

He's immature, doesn't seem to care about you, and needs to get a grip on the real world....

ReputationRep:
    Erm, any plus points?

I'm with you, knock it on the head and see what uni holds.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like first relationship syndrome, even when you're unhappy in it it's difficult to leave because you fear your status of being "single" and think you'll never find anyone else, but that's bull because you will.

Often guys are immature compared to girls of the same age but immaturity is one of the bigger turn offs and problems and it usually really manifests itself around the age of going to uni and first couple of years at uni because there is quite a wide differential of maturity levels in guys at uni.

Also a common problem with immaturity is it becomes associated with jealousy/controlling nature once you get to uni because guys who are immature start to feel threatened when they see their girlfriend around guys who are confident, mature and sophisticated and their girl starts finding more in common with these guys.

I think in general this guy sounds like a loser but the biggest problems are points 5,6,9 and 10. They all are major red flags imo.

ReputationRep:
    he sounds like a retard
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    So he lies to you, talks behind your back, is rude, uses you and is generally unpleasant,

You do realise there are nicer people out there who will treat you well? Every minute you spend with him is a minute you could be with someone else.

Be with someone who is nice to you, makes you feel good and is generally positive for you, not this bozo. DUMP HIM and dont let anyone treat you like that.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.