The Student Room Group

Starting a TSR mental health blog (multiple contributors) - anyone interested?!?!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

Would CT/mods wanna do that/see every post before it goes live? :smile: Glad yoi think it might be ok to do :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

They probably would. I wouldn't mind doing it myself as wee side project if the CT said it was alright to. :moon:
Excellent idea :yep: I suffer from anxiety but generally I'd be more interested to read about others so I'm subbing :h:
I wouldn't mind contributing if you want some personal experiences of schizophrenia and agoraphobia?
I just recently started my own mental health blog on here, but I would be happy to join this, too, if possible :redface: sounds like a good idea!
I'd be interested in reading and contributing :smile:
Reply 25
Can we have a quote list of people to tell, or some message that I get quoted in if I get asked to write for this. I wouldent' know to look for it otherwise.
Hey all :hi: The wise old sage that is TLG is BACK, mwahahahahaha :ahee: :shakecane: :banana:

I have seen suggestions floating around the place, that it might be good to have a mental health blog on TSR in the Blogs subforum. Currently, to my knowledge, whilst certain users (e.g. Ethereal World) have talked about mental health on their blogs, there is no blog solely dedicated for discussing JUST mental health issues.

This blog I am proposing would be different to most of the other blogs on here, in that it would have multiple contributors! We are all different ages and from different walks of life, with different diagnoses and at different stages of mental ill health and/or recovery. The idea is that through multiple people contributing, we could really give a clearer and more indepth picture as to what suffering from a mental health problem is like and a snapshot into what it looks/feels like. It would hopefully be thought-provoking and help us to educate one another :smile:

Blog posts should of course be vetted for content, so that people are not posting triggering material all over TSR mid-crisis/episode. They would come with trigger warnings before the post, so that people are alerted to any potentially triggering topics/content. Currently I am proposing that all blog posts come via me, though am happy for them to go through CT or another vaguely stable/sensible TSR user, if that is preferable.

What do people think?

a) Is this something that would be of interest to TSR?

b) Is this something people would feel willing/able to contribute to? (Please indicate by posting below!) Otherwise it would just be me talking to myself again :erm:

c) Is this something that is viable and would be safe to do on TSR?

All thoughts welcome below :h:

Hey TLG,

Yes I think it should be on TSR, and I think it would be of interest! I would be very interested in contributing regularly (where I find the time of course!). I think I would like to approach it differently, rather than me talking about my own personal mental health on a day to day basis, I think I would like to talk about various topics around it e.g. the support available, any relevant news, moving on from mental illness etc. Obviously, if this is alright with everyone else!

And yes, I think it should be vetted in order to make sure that it is safe for everyone - I also think it would be appropriate to have a discussion amongst everyone about what is safe and appropriate. For example, I do feel that discussion around self harm and suicide in generic terms should be allowed (obviously, it should be placed with a trigger warning) - as these are very important issues to discuss, however, obviously, crisis posts and "goodbye" posts should not be allowed, as per the TSR rules.

Hope that seems good :h:
Original post by Thomb
I think that whenever I make a typo someone or some people are controlling me and that the typo is a secret message to me. I hear voices and they tell me to stop doing things, I suspect they would rather I do nothing. I am reclusive and have spent almost all of my day on TSR. My room is a mess the washing up hasn't been done.
I'm what is termed flat that in layman terms is lazy. I suffer from grandiose delusions, the last one I had was that I could become an architect and design a city. I swing mood wise from manic thoughts that keep me awake at night to severe lows where my body aches and I feel like my whole life is pointless.
I have two essays that need to be in on the 31st and I haven't even started reading yet let alone get pen to paper. I really need to get my life together. Any suggestions?

@Arketec & @N-R-G are my other personas.

My suggestion would be to speak to a psychiatrist about any meds you are taking - it may be that they need adjusting.

Good luck with the essays! Perhaps you can get an extension if necessary?

Didn't know you were Arketec, had figured you were N-R-G though :yes:
Hey all :hi: The wise old sage that is TLG is BACK, mwahahahahaha :ahee: :shakecane: :banana:

I have seen suggestions floating around the place, that it might be good to have a mental health blog on TSR in the Blogs subforum. Currently, to my knowledge, whilst certain users (e.g. Ethereal World) have talked about mental health on their blogs, there is no blog solely dedicated for discussing JUST mental health issues.

This blog I am proposing would be different to most of the other blogs on here, in that it would have multiple contributors! We are all different ages and from different walks of life, with different diagnoses and at different stages of mental ill health and/or recovery. The idea is that through multiple people contributing, we could really give a clearer and more indepth picture as to what suffering from a mental health problem is like and a snapshot into what it looks/feels like. It would hopefully be thought-provoking and help us to educate one another :smile:

Blog posts should of course be vetted for content, so that people are not posting triggering material all over TSR mid-crisis/episode. They would come with trigger warnings before the post, so that people are alerted to any potentially triggering topics/content. Currently I am proposing that all blog posts come via me, though am happy for them to go through CT or another vaguely stable/sensible TSR user, if that is preferable.

What do people think?

a) Is this something that would be of interest to TSR?

b) Is this something people would feel willing/able to contribute to? (Please indicate by posting below!) Otherwise it would just be me talking to myself again :erm:

c) Is this something that is viable and would be safe to do on TSR?

All thoughts welcome below :h:

hello yes i would be more than happy to help if sharing my experiences and coping strategies would be of benefit to others:smile:
Reply 29
What I need is to be rich enough to have a cleaner, someone to do the washing up and tidy my flat, preferably everyday. I need attention its so lonely up here the only people I know are people from Mind. I know I'm ill but I feel different to everybody else but the longer I stay in their company the more I feel like I'm changing into one of them. I know this sounds stupid but really why shouldn't a city be realised. Cities have to come from somewhere why not me. Ok I'm only doing an art history course at the moment but I did start an architecture course I could finish one and be part of a team cooperate and get a city built its not impossible just highly improbable.It's ok I know I'm suffering from delusion
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Airmed
They probably would. I wouldn't mind doing it myself as wee side project if the CT said it was alright to. :moon:

Sounds like a good idea for CT to vet tbh. Could someone tag some CT into this thread so that they see on Tues? Can't seem to tag atm...

Original post by iEthan
Excellent idea :yep: I suffer from anxiety but generally I'd be more interested to read about others so I'm subbing :h:

Original post by McNuggetsAhoy
I wouldn't mind contributing if you want some personal experiences of schizophrenia and agoraphobia?

Original post by moment of truth
I just recently started my own mental health blog on here, but I would be happy to join this, too, if possible :redface: sounds like a good idea!

Original post by mscaffrey
I'd be interested in reading and contributing :smile:

Great - thanks all! And moment of truth, sorry - I totes forgot about your amazing blog when I wrote the OP :facepalm:

Original post by dipka
Can we have a quote list of people to tell, or some message that I get quoted in if I get asked to write for this. I wouldent' know to look for it otherwise.

Yeah could probs have that done :yes:

Original post by bullettheory
Hey TLG,

Yes I think it should be on TSR, and I think it would be of interest! I would be very interested in contributing regularly (where I find the time of course!). I think I would like to approach it differently, rather than me talking about my own personal mental health on a day to day basis, I think I would like to talk about various topics around it e.g. the support available, any relevant news, moving on from mental illness etc. Obviously, if this is alright with everyone else!

And yes, I think it should be vetted in order to make sure that it is safe for everyone - I also think it would be appropriate to have a discussion amongst everyone about what is safe and appropriate. For example, I do feel that discussion around self harm and suicide in generic terms should be allowed (obviously, it should be placed with a trigger warning) - as these are very important issues to discuss, however, obviously, crisis posts and "goodbye" posts should not be allowed, as per the TSR rules.

Hope that seems good :h:

Hey hun :kissing2:

Organising posts around themes rather than individual day-to-day experiences could work really well! Def food for thought there. TSR vetting sounds good - completely agree :yep:

Original post by triphazards
hello yes i would be more than happy to help if sharing my experiences and coping strategies would be of benefit to others:smile:

Thanks for writing - good to know! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
x

FYI!!
Original post by iEthan
FYI!!

Thanks hun :kissing2:
Thanks hun :kissing2:

No problem! :blush:
Original post by Thomb
.It's ok I know I'm suffering from delusion

Good that you recognise that at least. Stay safe! :yes:
Original post by Thomb
What I need is to be rich enough to have a cleaner, someone to do the washing up and tidy my flat, preferably everyday. I need attention its so lonely up here the only people I know are people from Mind. I know I'm ill but I feel different to everybody else but the longer I stay in their company the more I feel like I'm changing into one of them. I know this sounds stupid but really why shouldn't a city be realised. Cities have to come from somewhere why not me. Ok I'm only doing an art history course at the moment but I did start an architecture course I could finish one and be part of a team cooperate and get a city built its not impossible just highly improbable.It's ok I know I'm suffering from delusion

Do you have a care coordinator or psychiatrist? Could you talk to them about getting what is known as a personal budget? It's a pot of money given to you to help you purchase things to help support you in your recovery. You could possible use it to employ a cleaner to help you keep on top of the housework if that is something you struggle with.
Reply 36
Original post by bullettheory
Do you have a care coordinator or psychiatrist? Could you talk to them about getting what is known as a personal budget? It's a pot of money given to you to help you purchase things to help support you in your recovery. You could possible use it to employ a cleaner to help you keep on top of the housework if that is something you struggle with.

I'm just flat all the time I can't get it together to do anything. I've got a mental health team a psychiatrist a CPN a vocational worker and whenever I see them I feel really positive about everything to the extent that they don't think I'm ill enough to need them so they leave, then I get ill again so they come back I see the psychiatrist and I feel better again but I get nothing done. I want to do the things I think about when I'm up. But then I go down and nothings possible. It's a vicious circle of mood swings.
Reply 37
:rant:

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Great - thanks all! And moment of truth, sorry - I totes forgot about your amazing blog when I wrote the OP :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No problem! I haven't really added enough to it yet so anyway :lol: :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Thomb
I'm just flat all the time I can't get it together to do anything. I've got a mental health team a psychiatrist a CPN a vocational worker and whenever I see them I feel really positive about everything to the extent that they don't think I'm ill enough to need them so they leave, then I get ill again so they come back I see the psychiatrist and I feel better again but I get nothing done. I want to do the things I think about when I'm up. But then I go down and nothings possible. It's a vicious circle of mood swings.

Is it possible to write down how you feel and then take this to them to show how you really feel, rather than them see your good side?

Quick Reply

Latest