Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Starting a TSR mental health blog (multiple contributors) - anyone interested?!?! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bullettheory)
    Is it possible to write down how you feel and then take this to them to show how you really feel, rather than them see your good side?
    I try and tell them about my bad days but all I can say is that I hallucinate and that I hear voices. I also suffer from delusions of grandeur. It's tricky because on the one hand I don't want to go to hospital on the other hand I do want help. I'm getting some counselling next month I'll try and write some things down for when I go.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'll join in. I've got CPTSD, anxiety/depression and an ED.

ReputationRep:
    Can I join, I already have a blog and have talked about my mental health issues and how it impacts my life, through poetry and articles.
    Can u add me please!

ReputationRep:
    I'd also be happy to contibute - hopefully it will be somewhat cathartic to talk about things to people who dont know me irl.

(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Ahhhh I forgot about that one, my bad I did read the OP of that blog, I think and if it's the one I read, I was a bit like :erm: , ngl.

But this is a very valid point. Maybe the mods/CT can advise further about this :beard:
    If you were triggered/offended/upset by the blog, I, as the OP of it, genuinely and profusely apologise.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Looks gooood

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Meant to say this yesterday but this is an amazing idea! Not sure what I could contribute but very happy to vet the posts before they go out if you want me to

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think this is a fantastic idea. Instead of bottling up my feelings to myself, it would be nice to finally talk to people that understand what I am going through.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    If you were triggered/offended/upset by the blog, I, as the OP of it, genuinely and profusely apologise.
    No need for you to apologise at all! Tiz just a touchy subject for me at this time of year, that's all! I should have known better than to click on it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by moment of truth)
    No problem! I haven't really added enough to it yet so anyway :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :hugs: It's great to see you talking bout these kinda things though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Pathway)
    Yeah, I'll join in. I've got CPTSD, anxiety/depression and an ED.
    (Original post by MJlover)
    Can I join, I already have a blog and have talked about my mental health issues and how it impacts my life, through poetry and articles.
    Can u add me please!
    (Original post by Todot)
    I'd also be happy to contibute - hopefully it will be somewhat cathartic to talk about things to people who dont know me irl.
    (Original post by Andy98)
    Looks gooood

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by furryface12)
    Meant to say this yesterday but this is an amazing idea! Not sure what I could contribute but very happy to vet the posts before they go out if you want me to

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by DeadEnd_96)
    I think this is a fantastic idea. Instead of bottling up my feelings to myself, it would be nice to finally talk to people that understand what I am going through.
    Thanks all! It's great that so many people are interested!

Posted from TSR Mobile

No need for you to apologise at all! Tiz just a touchy subject for me at this time of year, that's all! I should have known better than to click on it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Would also like to point out, that it WAS pre-verified by the moderators prior to it being uploaded (as is the case with any/all threads in the Mental health forum).

Even so, my intention for it was to HELP people, not upset them, whether directly or indirectly.

So I feel awful now about it because I feel responsible for causing any difficulty.

ReputationRep:
    :rant:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    So this is it this is life? I've got two essays to be in but I'm scared yet intrigued about doing so because one of the books I want to use goes back to when I first started to become ill. Its all about the eighteenth C. architecture called Adams Style. Now I'm a little bit obsessed about the Eighteenth C. and in particular about a certain king yep KGIII the mad king george himself. He fills me with so much wonder and delight I might stop writing this now and pick up where I left off. The 18th C. was a brilliant time for the upper classes and for me nothing represents the period more than KGIII. He's everything that I wannabe he had style, I mean lookout those robes they're gorgeous, he was good looking and had umpteen children. I love the architecture of the 18th C. too and in particular Adam style it just is so beautiful.

Anyway about my essays one an open essay about anything to do with art history has to be in three days from now. The last few days TSR has taken up all my time and not with any really good reason either. So I'm a bit obsessed and can't tear myself away from the screen. I love the anonymity of TSR and that means I can splurge rubbish about anything I like. However I really need to stop 'crastinating and get on with it. I know I'm not alone here but here goes... tbc.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Glad to see people support this, and the willingness of the support team to try to facilitate it.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Would also like to point out, that it WAS pre-verified by the moderators prior to it being uploaded (as is the case with any/all threads in the Mental health forum).

Even so, my intention for it was to HELP people, not upset them, whether directly or indirectly.

So I feel awful now about it because I feel responsible for causing any difficulty.
    Don't feel awful! :nah: :hugs: :console: Honestly not your fault whatsoever :nah: And yes, I assumed that it was checked over by the mods :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I'd really like to take part in this either by writing posts myself or checking things over as a mod. Though not sure what I'd write about....never done any kind of blog before. :unsure:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    I'd really like to take part in this either by writing posts myself or checking things over as a mod. Though not sure what I'd write about....never done any kind of blog before. :unsure:
    Tbh I'd never really blogged before doing my random mental health threads on TSR/my PhD study blog! I'm sure you could/would make a great contribution if you were to write something - after all, you are intelligent and write well, if your posts are anything to judge by :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I'd never really blogged before doing my random mental health threads on TSR/my PhD study blog! I'm sure you could/would make a great contribution if you were to write something - after all, you are intelligent and write well, if your posts are anything to judge by :yes:
    Ahaha, intelligent! :blushing:

I do read a lot of news/info sites about psychology etc so hopefully I'd be able to contribute something worthwhile.

But yeah, this sounds like a really great idea, I hope it gets going.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Ahaha, intelligent! :blushing:

I do read a lot of news/info sites about psychology etc so hopefully I'd be able to contribute something worthwhile.

But yeah, this sounds like a really great idea, I hope it gets going.
    :lovehug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's an amazing idea! I'd love to chip in with my experience. I've had anxiety constantly since I was about 13, both during school and college and after, and have had experience with several different types of medicine and therapy. Have also experienced depression and 'pure O' OCD (basically just the intrusive obsessional thoughts without the impulsions/compulsions).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 31, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.