Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Starting a TSR mental health blog (multiple contributors) - anyone interested?!?! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Ahhhh I forgot about that one, my bad I did read the OP of that blog, I think and if it's the one I read, I was a bit like :erm: , ngl.

But this is a very valid point. Maybe the mods/CT can advise further about this :beard:
    Heya!

I think this is a wonderful thing and I'm keen to encourage more blogging on mental health as it is a wonderful way to support each other

We're just chatting in house about the guidelines for the thread, I expect it will be the same as the current MH forum guidelines but I will get back to you when I hear back from the PSV team on what they think
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinkerbelle2)
    That's an amazing idea! I'd love to chip in with my experience. I've had anxiety constantly since I was about 13, both during school and college and after, and have had experience with several different types of medicine and therapy. Have also experienced depression and 'pure O' OCD (basically just the intrusive obsessional thoughts without the impulsions/compulsions).

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aww thanks for your enthusiasm!

(Original post by Queen Cersei)
    Heya!

I think this is a wonderful thing and I'm keen to encourage more blogging on mental health as it is a wonderful way to support each other

We're just chatting in house about the guidelines for the thread, I expect it will be the same as the current MH forum guidelines but I will get back to you when I hear back from the PSV team on what they think
    :yay:

Thankies

:love:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This sounds like a really good idea. More than happy to contribute on my experiences with Schizo-affective disorder or various teams I've been under.

ReputationRep:
    :rant:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm at an all time low crisis point I just had to email all my tutors etc. about my illness I have a doctors sick note covering the last four weeks and the next four weeks but I really thought I was well enough to get the essay in. So what do I do well stupidly I left it 'til the last day before the essay is due in to ask for an extension. I can't even sign in to nexus to see if they've e mailed me back. It just tells me to sign out or something, feeling really useless right now. Paranoia is getting the better of me and haven't been out all day, smoking and drinking coffee reminiscing about how I was when I was almost in hospital. Going on holiday in a week or so might lose it though beforehand. Why doesn't my doctors appointment with the psych come up?

Got a phone call from the disability adviser and she said I could have an extension even asked me if four weeks was long enough. This is such a weight off my shoulders now I can perhaps go out a bit go down the beach and perhaps show myself at the club. I'm so relieved I feel like crying.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squaresquirrel)
    This sounds like a really good idea. More than happy to contribute on my experiences with Schizo-affective disorder or various teams I've been under.
    Yay Would be good to have you on board :yep:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Subbing I'd love to contribute in someway too
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deyesy)
    Subbing I'd love to contribute in someway too
    Yay!

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I hear voices: The voices I hear relate back to my childhood though someone has said that is me projecting my present experiences onto my past I'm sure I did experience this when I was a child. When I was a baby my mum left me upstairs on my own. I then hallucinated and heard voices conspiring against me and then trying to kill me. That is my experience now. The same sort of people are the voices I hear. They are the sort that are really anti social degenerates. Right wing extremists who are in my mind part of the criminal class.

• PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomb)

Spoiler:
    Show
    I hear voices: The voices I hear relate back to my childhood though someone has said that is me projecting my present experiences onto my past I'm sure I did experience this when I was a child. When I was a baby my mum left me upstairs on my own. I then hallucinated and heard voices conspiring against me and then trying to kill me. That is my experience now. The same sort of people are the voices I hear. They are the sort that are really anti social degenerates. Right wing extremists who are in my mind part of the criminal class.

Hey,

Just wanted to clear up any confusion that may be occuring! The blog has not started yet, so this is not the blog thread - this is more a thread for gauging interest in the blog and discussing how best to go about setting up such a blog in a way that is safe for everyone involved

Once Queen Cersei has informed us what CT have decided about how the blog is going to be moderated, we can brainstorm topics and how best it would work, etc Then once the blog has started, I will let everyone know

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Just wanted to clear up any confusion that may be occuring! The blog has not started yet, so this is not the blog thread - this is more a thread for gauging interest in the blog and discussing how best to go about setting up such a blog in a way that is safe for everyone involved

Once Queen Cersei has informed us what CT have decided about how the blog is going to be moderated, we can brainstorm topics and how best it would work, etc Then once the blog has started, I will let everyone know

What kind of format will the Blog take? I won't post rants anymore.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomb)
    What kind of format will the Blog take? I won't post rants anymore.
    I've no idea tbh - as you can probs tell, haven't thought this through enough But once we hear more from CT about what they'd like/expect, all potential contributors can discuss as a group on this thread how they envision the blog working and what kinda format it would take. It would most likely be a single thread on TSR and have some kinda structure, rather than being a free-for-all :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I've no idea tbh - as you can probs tell, haven't thought this through enough But once we hear more from CT about what they'd like/expect, all potential contributors can discuss as a group on this thread how they envision the blog working and what kinda format it would take. It would most likely be a single thread on TSR and have some kinda structure, rather than being a free-for-all :yes:
    Could we create a wiki page or something?

ReputationRep:
    Hey all :hi: The wise old sage that is TLG is BACK, mwahahahahaha :ahee: :shakecane: :banana:

I have seen suggestions floating around the place, that it might be good to have a mental health blog on TSR in the Blogs subforum. Currently, to my knowledge, whilst certain users (e.g. Ethereal World) have talked about mental health on their blogs, there is no blog solely dedicated for discussing JUST mental health issues.

This blog I am proposing would be different to most of the other blogs on here, in that it would have multiple contributors! We are all different ages and from different walks of life, with different diagnoses and at different stages of mental ill health and/or recovery. The idea is that through multiple people contributing, we could really give a clearer and more indepth picture as to what suffering from a mental health problem is like and a snapshot into what it looks/feels like. It would hopefully be thought-provoking and help us to educate one another

Blog posts should of course be vetted for content, so that people are not posting triggering material all over TSR mid-crisis/episode. They would come with trigger warnings before the post, so that people are alerted to any potentially triggering topics/content. Currently I am proposing that all blog posts come via me, though am happy for them to go through CT or another vaguely stable/sensible TSR user, if that is preferable.

What do people think?

a) Is this something that would be of interest to TSR?

b) Is this something people would feel willing/able to contribute to? (Please indicate by posting below!) Otherwise it would just be me talking to myself again :erm:

c) Is this something that is viable and would be safe to do on TSR?

All thoughts welcome below
    Great idea but how tf did u post this in 1970

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImagineCats)
    Impossible.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomb)
    That could be a good idea! :beard:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I didn't! No idea why TSR says I did this in 1970 :eek:

ReputationRep:
    That could be a good idea! :beard:
    With people explaining their condition and what it means to be diagnosed with that condition?

ReputationRep:
    When threads are pre-moderated in the Mental Health forum it always says that the OP posted it in 1970.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomb)
    With people explaining their condition and what it means to be diagnosed with that condition?
    There is a stickied thread already in the Mental Health forum that does something similar, I believe, come to think of it. We could always add to that though, if bullettheory (who I think did that thread) is happy to have more contributions :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomb)
    A while ago I made a sticky which is on the mental health forum about experiences and information about common mental health conditions and treatment. Have a look and see what you think and how it could be improved

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 31, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.