Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Starting a TSR mental health blog (multiple contributors) - anyone interested?!?! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    There is a stickied thread already in the Mental Health forum that does something similar, I believe, come to think of it. We could always add to that though, if bullettheory (who I think did that thread) is happy to have more contributions :yes:
    Beat me to it but yeah I would be more than happy to open up a discussion for any possible changes and I'd be happy to make the changes on the thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Queen Cersei)
    Heya!

I think this is a wonderful thing and I'm keen to encourage more blogging on mental health as it is a wonderful way to support each other

We're just chatting in house about the guidelines for the thread, I expect it will be the same as the current MH forum guidelines but I will get back to you when I hear back from the PSV team on what they think
    :wavey:

Just wondering if there is any more news about what the CT thing about doing a multi-contributor mental health blog, and what the best way of doing it would be?

ReputationRep:
    :wavey:

Just wondering if there is any more news about what the CT thing about doing a multi-contributor mental health blog, and what the best way of doing it would be?
    Morning!

Oh, I thought I replied saying crack on? My post must have gotten lost in the crowd! A multi-contributor blog sounds like a wonderful idea, I reckon just start a thread and quote in the people who have said they are interested and encourage people to write about their mental health day-to-day, the ups as well as the downs and I was also thinking it would be good to share stuff you are grateful for each day? I've been doing some research and I think gratitude journals are really helpful for perspective and retraining the brain to focus on positive aspects of your life. What do you think?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Morning!

Oh, I thought I replied saying crack on? My post must have gotten lost in the crowd! A multi-contributor blog sounds like a wonderful idea, I reckon just start a thread and quote in the people who have said they are interested and encourage people to write about their mental health day-to-day, the ups as well as the downs and I was also thinking it would be good to share stuff you are grateful for each day? I've been doing some research and I think gratitude journals are really helpful for perspective and retraining the brain to focus on positive aspects of your life. What do you think?
    Ah perhaps you did - my bad :facepalm: Glad to hear CT is supporting this. I'm a bit ill atm but once I'm well enough, I will start a thread with suggestions for posting ideas and ground rules for the thread, etc :yes:

Sharing stuff we are grateful for each day sounds good! Always important to try and focus on positives as well as negatives :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Ah perhaps you did - my bad :facepalm: Glad to hear CT is supporting this. I'm a bit ill atm but once I'm well enough, I will start a thread with suggestions for posting ideas and ground rules for the thread, etc :yes:

Sharing stuff we are grateful for each day sounds good! Always important to try and focus on positives as well as negatives :yep:
    Oh yeah, I am massively in support of this- a huge part of my work this year is going to be dedicated to promoting student welfare and mental health and making sure the community has all the support we can provide and to try to raise awareness of it outside of TSR, it's a passion of mine so I love the idea of this blog
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Oh yeah, I am massively in support of this- a huge part of my work this year is going to be dedicated to promoting student welfare and mental health and making sure the community has all the support we can provide and to try to raise awareness of it outside of TSR, it's a passion of mine so I love the idea of this blog
    You are too awesome for words, QC! :lovehug:

ReputationRep:
    You are too awesome for words, QC! :lovehug:

Awwww that has really made my morning! I feel the same way about you :grouphugs:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Awwww that has really made my morning! I feel the same way about you :grouphugs:
    Glad to have made your morning :hat2:

And thank you :fan: :lovehug:

ReputationRep:
    I think it would be really helpful to hear different views, will definitely read once its up and running.

ReputationRep:
    Would also be happy to contribute
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by clockworkbella)
    Would also be happy to contribute
    Thanks!

Haven't forgotten about this btw, just very busy with uni stuff and just trying to take care of my own mental health

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!

Haven't forgotten about this btw, just very busy with uni stuff and just trying to take care of my own mental health
    furry friend checking in

:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!

Totally understand! But I don't think you should put too much pressure on yourself to do it right this instant.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by clockworkbella)
    Totally understand! But I don't think you should put too much pressure on yourself to do it right this instant.
    Thanks

(Original post by the bear)
    furry friend checking in

:hi:

:lovehug:

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by the bear)
    furry friend checking in

:grumble:

But :hugs: TLG! Will be good whenever it's done but other stuff is definitely priority

Edit: happy to help too! Can't remember if I ever said that before but meant to
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Thanks

:hi:

:lovehug:

If you need getting it up in a week or so's time just let me know I have a 4 month summer coming up Hope you're well
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Deyesy)
    If you need getting it up in a week or so's time just let me know I have a 4 month summer coming up Hope you're well
    Thanks Got a uni review thing on Weds but hopefully after that, I will PM you and we can get it going together

(Original post by furryface12)
    :grumble:

But :hugs: TLG! Will be good whenever it's done but other stuff is definitely priority

Edit: happy to help too! Can't remember if I ever said that before but meant to
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Can't rep you :no: :cry: :grumble: PRSOM! :sigh:

Thanks lovely :kissing2:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Thanks Got a uni review thing on Weds but hopefully after that, I will PM you and we can get it going together
    I'll have you in my thoughts. Really hope it goes well

ReputationRep:
    So what exactly is going on with this mental health blog type thing then?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Thomb)
    So what exactly is going on with this mental health blog type thing then?
    Nothing at present but hopefully we'll be able to set up a thread and lay out ground rules/posting guidelines, and get it going soon

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 31, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.