The Student Room Group

refused to give up my seat for woman with baby on the bus today

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Straighthate
i told her it doesnt matter, her baby has their own seat in the pram
she is not entitled to my seat because shes too lazy to stand

anyone else do this all the time?

You were right OP. If she wasnt currently pregnant, then why does she just expect people to get up for her.

Good going OP
I normally stand because it keeps my glutes active and toned but if i see a full time mummy or soon to be full time mummy get on board, i quickly take the seat she would be about to take and pretend im asleep
Original post by thefatone
x

Now I think about it, those badges are the main reason for my refusal to give up my seat. They wind me up.
Original post by Phoebe Buffay
How can I not? Quite easily I tell you that. All of the pregnant women I've seen on the train have been perfectly capable of standing. I would only give up my seat for somebody who is very visibly old.

What especially annoys me about pregnant women on the tube is that they wear the 'baby on board' badges which are quite passive aggressive. And they must be resisted.

omg really? Puuke
Not something I'd say to someone! Though the buses I take are usually empty! Even then if the bus gets packed I usually stand and let someone else take the seat!
Now I think about it, those badges are the main reason for my refusal to give up my seat. They wind me up.

lol the example badge i showed?
Reply 26
people dont have to give up their seats for someone in a worse position than them but theres nothing wrong with showing an act of kindness when you know someones struggling. i always offer my seat to pregnant/young mothers with babies or elderly.
How can I not? Quite easily I tell you that. All of the pregnant women I've seen on the train have been perfectly capable of standing. I would only give up my seat for somebody who is very visibly old.

What especially annoys me about pregnant women on the tube is that they wear the 'baby on board' badges which are quite passive aggressive. And they must be resisted.

Well I haven't experienced being pregnant so I wouldn't know how bad it is.

Oh my this gave me a chuckle.. I presume they wear the badges so that they wouldn't need to ask. Although if your stomach is clearly bulging people would get the idea. That and I wouldn't ever bother wasting money on it. All in all I hate public transport I cant see myself getting on it when pregnant/ having a new born child.
Reply 28
why do you make me do this? huh?

It's Easter Sunday, too soon man too soon
I can't believe how rude some of you are. I assume that when you're old / disabled / pregnant, you're going to expect others to give you a seat?
Original post by z33
It's Easter Sunday, too soon man too soon

:colonhash:
Reply 31
:colonhash:

:rofl: come on dat was good :lol:
Original post by Tiger Rag
I can't believe how rude some of you are. I assume that when you're old / disabled / pregnant, you're going to expect others to give you a seat?

i would give my seat for all of those
however we're talking about a woman with a baby in a pram not a baby inside her, in a pram
Original post by z33
:rofl: come on dat was good :lol:

:unimpressed:
[video="youtube;dwt6-w_TQJA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwt6-w_TQJA[/video]

Skip to 3 seconds in....
Original post by Betelgeuse-
I normally stand because it keeps my glutes active and toned but if i see a full time mummy or soon to be full time mummy get on board, i quickly take the seat she would be about to take and pretend im asleep

Just hope that they don't think you're dead and call an undertaker.

And yet historically we humans have wound up clocks and watches and still expected them to tell us the time whenever we wanted them to.
Reply 36
:unimpressed:

:cry2: :getmecoat:
You are entitled to sit where you want. Although it wouldve been a nice gesture to let her sit there.
I wouldve have let her have my seat, i like to help when i can.
Original post by Mathemagicien
I wouldn't give up my seat for an elderly person, they screwed up this country, and are going to screw it up more with the EU vote, they get free transport, loads of goodies in the budget... but to not give it up for a pregnant woman? You are subhuman :yes:

(But I suspect you are joking)

What do you mean 'screw it up with the EU vote'? :colonhash:
Original post by Mathemagicien
The EU is awful, but it'll be worse outside. We are marginally better off inside the EU atm. The EU needs HUGE reform, I'm not denying it, but there will be a large economic cost to leaving the EU, and guess who will pay for it? That's right, the youngest generation. Not the pensioners who have tripled locked pensions, who are the ones voting to leave.

I don't think it will be worse outside the EU. There are only 28 countries in the union, and there are many perfectly well run countries outside of it, with many much smaller than ours. As for the large economic cost, again this has been blown out of all proportion.

Yes, the EU needs 'huge reform'. But look at our PM's woeful attempt at renegotiation, and see how little appetite there is for reform. It simply won't happen.

Quick Reply

Latest